Universal N.O.V.A. 3: Freedom Edition - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CygnetSeven, Oct 16, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    What jet pack? It does run fine on the 3rd gen iPod. But it looks waaay better on 5th gen! It's the same with WildBlood, there's definitely a graphical improvement!

2. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Doesn't matter about jet pack since it's almost impossible to get at 15,000 coins. Usually average 200 coins on a good day (starting to get around 600 coins average they could have tweaked it). Does this game lag on your 5th gen iOS 8 because it previously was unplayable on my 4s a week ago playing on iOS 8.

3. muhammed Laden

Sep 30, 2014
    The aliasing makes it look old, also the textures are blurred . As far as graphical effects, the game is top notch

4. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have been playing for some levels and it's very good !! The only negative is that there are ads and in order to upgrade you have to see some videos, etc that I didn't even bother do it.
    In conclusion, I would like to see more of these games. They are without timers and iaps. Only ads and if you want you can buy the actual game without ads and enjoy it. So, it's fair I think.
    On the other hand I have bought Modern Combat 3 & 4 but no 5 because it requires an internet connection even for single player. So if they could bring a similar free game like this for MC5, it would be great!

5. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    It plays fine. I think it's been improved a bit, tho it's hard for these old eyes to be sure. Like I said I only downloaded it cause I gained 1/2 a gig which I need.
    Where's the jet pack? It's not in items or upgrades.

6. ChubbyPig

ChubbyPig Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Student, Waiter
    Portsmouth, UK
    I feel like the 1% asking this but is there any MFi support in either the freedom or original version of the game? I can remember playing this before and I found it sort of clunky playing a shooter on touch screen.

7. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    In multiplayer where you customize your character load out there should be two item sections and one of the items is a jet pack for around 15,000 coins. Really OP with a ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一 too.

8. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Just downloaded it to compare it to the paid version which was already on my iPhone 6, and after playing through a level, I don't get why some people are posting saying that the free version looks better. They look absolutely identical to me. I'm going to play through it some more to see if I notice anything but I really think those that claim it looks better are just experiencing some kind of placebo effect.

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, they look identical. Tried both versions and compared them to each other, too.

10. NOVA3 FE

NOVA3 FE New Member

Oct 21, 2014
    An additional item allows you to jump higher and further upon equipped. Bring along a rocket launcher will x2 the fun :D

11. NOVA3 FE

NOVA3 FE New Member

Oct 21, 2014
    #71 NOVA3 FE, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    NOVA3 Freedom Edition runs better on older model of iDevices like iPod 3 or 4, iPhone 3GS/4/4S with iOS 7 or lower :)

12. NOVA3 FE

NOVA3 FE New Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Not sure if I fully understand your question, but both NOVA3 Freedom and NOVA3 Original both support an Aim-Assist system for players who are uncomfortable playing shooter on a touch screen

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

13. NOVA3 FE

NOVA3 FE New Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Yes for the multiplayer save :)

14. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    Is there any plans for a nova4