Universal N.O.V.A. 3: Freedom Edition - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CygnetSeven, Oct 16, 2014.

1. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It's more like Crysis than Halo.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You may be right. Halo should at least be an inspiration for crysis :D

Anyways i just hope NOVA 3 premium isnt pulled now that there's the FREEdom version.

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014

Just so long as that doesn't happen, I'm actually not that bugged about this edition. I already own it so this version obviously isn't catered to me, but getting to play a game of this scope in exchange for red x'ing a few ads is pretty cool. That's if the gameplay hasn't been affected. Actively hobbling a game, shooting it in the knees, and then putting it back out to work is what bugs me.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Please go away.

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Especially considered in light of some of the more, uhm, exciting developer behaviors with regard to monetization within the past couple years, and more specifically the myriad examples of the, well, frustrating reworking of existing properties, this is refreshing to the point of being almost miraculous...

Leaving the original paid game exactly as is and releasing an identical FTP version? *GASP*

Is this real life?

DBC

6. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Yes! Those 'I paid 5 bucks two years ago, I deserve years of Updates and content' Players dont have a clue how hard mobile development is if you're not Robin, King etc
    Might not apply to Nova but this attitude isn't rare any more unfortunately

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, ok. Coz u said so, Eli. Pfffffff.

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    If this means that they're thinking about making Nova 4, please, PLEASE, smaller maps.

9. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Did they change how one earns credits in this version or is it just a FTP version? Also does this version fix the lag on 4s? My 4s gets under 30 FPS which is odd since when it came out it ran extremely well.

10. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Weird cuz the game runs extremely well on my iPod Touch 3G 32GB that runs IOS 5.1.1!

11. therion3

therion3 Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Well, I dońt mind freemium as long as we have the choice with a full premium game with no ads no timers, or pay-to-win currencies.
    Well done, Gameloft, both audiences are satisfied!

12. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I do not regret to pay for that game. It deserve it, and the fact that they got a freemium version mean more people in multiplayer. More fune, and chaos. Gameloft is bringing nova from the dead.
    Saying that people don't have the right to play that game for free is selfish, it's the same as price drop.

In addition, I am not paying a game because it's the only way I could get it, because let's be real it's pretty easy to jailbreak. I am paying because the deus need encouragement and money to keep making games. That's why I do not praise them when they make bad decision.

By the way if there is anything new in this version pm me I may try it.

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I'm glad I haven't bought Modern Combat 5. I'll wait until 2016/2017 for the Freedom Edition. (I'm kidding)

14. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Doubled comment

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game support save game sync so I can play on different devices?

16. muhammed Laden

Sep 30, 2014
    So , a few questions. Did this replace the original ? Also do te multiplayers for bth the original and freemiun play togthrr ?

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    In free edition it doesn't say
    "• Discover the new FPS benchmark for graphics and gameplay on iOS (real-time shadow & lights, particle system, ragdoll physics, etc.)"

and the size is less than the paid version. Is it a low-graphics version?

18. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    This's not the first big game to go free. GoF2 did it, and some others too. It is odd it's a separate app though. I'm sure it's perfectly legit, why wouldn't it be? I still go back to play this now and again, it's still one of the best looking and playing games out there! It's definitely worth a few annoying ads to play for free!

19. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    ^Well, I wish Fishlabs would have made a separate app, too. :(
    I think the way GL did it with this one is perfectly fine. Don't screw over customers who've paid full price for the game but also satisfy all the freemium lovers and give them a separate app with some ads for free.

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Funny how the premium version has iaps and this one doesnt lol

Also didn't this game come out a billion years ago? Why care if you bought it then and now it's free. If anything this is a good thing, they're reviving the game!.... Even though the hit detection is still poop and rocketpacking is still op...