N.O.V.A. 3 -> $0.99 cents!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by ninjackid, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ipodjunkie

ipodjunkie Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    game is very buggy! control locks, enemy AI turns off, your team members disappear, enemies get invisible.... Im just in the beginning, its my first playthrough. Graphics on ipod 4g is terrible! worse then nova 1. Still worth on sale, but no more then that

2. _syd

_syd Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Italy
    I already have GTA3, thank you anyway.

3. SOLIDzizou

SOLIDzizou Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Guadalajara, México.
    what? are you playing nova 3? lol

4. ipodjunkie

May 20, 2010
    maybe on iphones, ipads or so its different story, but on the ipod 4 I dont like what I see. Locations are nicely open, but I still prefer the more clean corridors of the first game:-( I played only 2 levels so maybe it gets better, Ive heard its a long game

5. ipodjunkie

May 20, 2010
    Ok, now Im at the first allien level... this is nova the way it should be! The first crisis-like levels give the wrong impression... The game IS GOOD!

6. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    So, if this thing's a gig and a half pre-installed, how big is it installed?

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    1.7 gb installed.

8. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I was going to get it to my iPod 4g but then I saw this. |:
    How bad is the framerate?

9. ipodjunkie

May 20, 2010
    actually it looks that only the first 2 missions are in a large areas , so the framerate is not that good. Mission 3 or 4 gets like the old ones, dark corridors and that stuff, so it plays and looks very good. I dont know what comes later anyway.

10. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Gangstar 3 is trash, NOVA 3 is worth it.

11. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Im not saying you're wrong, because that's your opinion, but I prefer gangstar rio (iPad 3) over nova 3.

12. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'de like to buy this, but I know it will never find its way onto my device.

Sometimes I wish these huge games had NON-universal builds, so that I wouldn't be forced to download assests I don't require.

I'm surprised Apple hasn't developed a method to package apps in a way that, when downloaded from the wifi store, only the necessary assets for the given device are transferred (w/the missing elements DL'ed automatically to one's computer when the device is syncing, or automatically DL'ed if you have that option set).

13. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #53 Coldar, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    I'd mentioned this waay back at the time of owning an 8g Touch when I got a sense of what we all see in today's combined/bloated game's. Maybe I wasn't posting it articulately enough or whatever but very few understood what I was referring to in regards to the all-in-one game (universal) for every device.
    Now have owned a 64G'r and still have issues with even bigger games now.

On topic, did get this game for the dollar price and controls seem ok with me. Glad to have got it and will jump into it very soon, (other pending games). Didn't care for the first NOVA so was apprehensive but no worries after trying it out.

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    64 Gigs...Ya think NOVA 3 would run on my 80 GB iPod Classic ;)

Yeah, I'm rocking a 16 Gb 4S as my primary device; that only leaves 12-13 free. As much as we all dream of "Oblivion-like" games released for ios; we can't all spare the 10+ Gigs such games require nowadays.

15. neo_

neo_ Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I don't mind the cost of the game being whatever, but the file size is so goddamn huge!! :(

16. Usagi_2012

Usagi_2012 New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Noticed this dropped in price, no space to purchase on the Ipad and away from the laptop for a few days, now its back up in price. So much for the PC free computing. Whish there was an option to purchase and download later. Oh well its dropped now once to this price so it wont be long before it does it again..

17. xraydash

xraydash Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    You can always purchase, begin the download, cancel, and then delete. It would then be in your purchase history and available for future downloading. That's what I did.

18. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    ^^ what he said..i'm always doing this then keep my files on an external hard drive for future use..you'll never know when a developer will suddenly pull-out their app in the appstore *cough*tetris*cough*

19. Usagi_2012

Usagi_2012 New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I clicked to purchase and greyed out, it waited and then I got a popup saying that the storage was low and gave me an option to look at the settings. After that the appstore purchase price was 69p in green again?
    Guess something else is wrong, probably a reset needed on the Ipad

20. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Back to 99 cents.