N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I was hoping Gameloft would jump on it back when Epic Citadel was revealed, but these new screens look fantastic. If this is not UDK then NOVA 3 could look even more stunning. Guess we'll have to wait for details.

2. Punk Panda

Punk Panda Member

Oct 5, 2010
    If this is true.. Man, its amazing :)
    I mean the first one is good enough :)

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I'm quite sure this isn't the Unreal 3 engine, because gameloft most likely has started deveolping NOVA 2 long before the U3 iPhone engine was available for anyone.

4. Ste-ve

Ste-ve Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    This looks amazing, There are so many great games coming out!

5. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    While I am very happy that UE3 is coming to iOS, the faster the better, I don't understand the constant push for every new game to use it. UE3 may be some of the best looking tech on iOS now, but it's hardly the definitive answer for graphics and games. In the case of a big, mobile specific game company like Gameloft, it make sense for them to develop their own engine that they can customize for their own use, can be amortized over several games/franchises, and not have to worry about renegotiating licenses for the many games they release each year and for each platform like Android that they port the games over to. It seems like one of UE3's main selling points is that it allows publishers to share existing assets from their PC and console games, which Gameloft has no use for, at least in the case of these Gameloft developed franchises. Besides, Gameloft games have never really been wanting for graphics, rather they are often questioned on story content and originality. As long as NOVA 2's graphics continue to improve over NOVA's, the rest of the focus should be on content.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Those graphics look great. It's hard to tell but it looks as good as Epic Citadel.
    Also I noticed the background looks more open so possibly the missions will be less linear.

7. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

How could you possibly determine that from 4 seconds of sd video in which the player is static with a very limited view of the surroundings?

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I never determined anything. I said possibly.
    It looks like there are multiple platforms on the left, a building straight ahead more of those circular platforms on the right and maybe a path as well.

9. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Maybe it's just because of the washed out colors or the static viewpoint, but most of the background looks very flat. It might really be a teaser and they are still very early in development, if it weren't for the rotating flame of that floating rocket or whatever it is, I'd think everything beyond the door was just concept art as a mock up. But as I said before, the polygon count/detailing of the rifle looks improved over NOVA, and there seems to be some form of dynamic lighting on the door, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Ok you did say possibly, but the point still stands. The right and left look like vegetation to me, which in all likelihood will force you towards the building.

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    If you look carefully you can see "platforms" (possibly of different levels) and also that hovering thing which could mean that you have a jetpack. Again, this is purely speculation, but I think Gameloft is bound to add something radically new to the gameplay. In Gangstar 2 they added motorcycles, boats and helicopters (all of which the previous game didn't have). And I think NOVA was more successful than Gangstar was so I think NOVA 2 will be a big improvement over the original NOVA.

12. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    heh That Door will never open.....

13. Der-Kleine

so, who of you has noticed the Cool light reflection of the door yet? :D
    ...and at the beginning of the animation you justabout see a (dialogue) box disappear to the top, so this must be a propper level.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Awesome! Wonder if it will be out in December again?

15. Der-Kleine

#55 Der-Kleine, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
    [​IMG]

screenshot of the doors as far open as you can see in the video. Looks like a cool level! :)

16. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany

Looks like is a jungle in the middle of mars

17. Der-Kleine

and a huge building in the background.

18. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    The video sucked. Only showed like 1 second of gameplay, they didnt even add fake graphics like they usually do in their trailers :mad:

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    You're missing the point. The gameplay part was intentionally very short so they don't give too much away. We'll find out more at a later date.

If by "fake graphics" you a mean cinematic trailer, then that will probably come later.

20. Tashawn

Tashawn Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Look legit, guess we have to wait and see.