N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #421 dumaz1000, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    There is nothing to unlock in Halo Reach that will give you any sort of an advantage. Those unlocks are all cosmetic. It's not like COD where experience earns you better weapons. In Halo, everybody has instant access to everything that effects actual gameplay from the second they start playing.

I wonder if Gameloft will go to Halo route in terms of MP unlocks. If they do, in my opinion it's dumb and pointless. I don't understand why Bungie went in that direction, other than pure stubborness. Bungie wasn't going to do what Activision or Infinity Ward did because they had too much pride to copy from some other developer. It's clear that some version of IW's formula is what people want. It doesn't have to be exactly the same. Battlefield Bad Company proved as much. Bungie wanted no part of it though, in any form. Halo MP doesn't have as much replayability as other MP games in my opinion.

If Gameloft employees some sort of COD like system of weapon and perk unlocks with NOVA 2, then it would be a first, either for Halo, or a Halo clone.

And Gameloft will never use the Unreal Engine. Never, ever. Get over it.

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trash on Battlefield Bad Company 2 just yet. The gameplay could out do NOVA 2 in all ways possible, or it could fail. I expect it to be much better than this.

Maybe not online-wise, but definitely campaign-wise.

3. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Bungie probably went that way to ensure that everyone could play the game without casual players getting owned by dedicated players because of better weapons or just people without a life. Not saying that the unlocks are bad as in Modern Combat 2 I really like them, and plus dedicated players and people without lives would still destroy the new casual players, but it at least gives them a better chance.

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

How good the campaign is probably depends on wether you preferr Modern or Futuristic fps games.

5. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    @dumaz1000 Halo doesn't allow game modifying weapons/upgrades because you can't just camp a month and get max level with much better weapons(like in COD). In Halo you actually need to at least know how to move and shoot at the same time. I'm not saying that Halo is better than COD, I'm just saying that it's different. To be honest it's better with unlocks(but make them balanced) since you actually are proud of yourself after a hard challenge comes a reward, right?

6. Liam2010

Liam2010 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2010
    When will this be out for australia???

7. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

Mock on one of the number one consoles fpss all you want. If NOVA 2 plays lke the original, which in the video looks no different at all, its gonna blow. Id take 4 player multiplayer with 1 mode thats actually fun than a game that has pretty graphcs and the gameplay sucks. NOVA 1 mp was awful.

8. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Have you played Modern Combat 2? The multiplayer in that game is by far the best multiplayer I've ever played on my iPhone.

9. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    Play modern combat 2 dude.

10. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    I didn't like NOVA 1 at all (i'm not sure why everyone says it's so good), but the sequel looks pretty good. The five game types are reason enough to buy it.

11. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I liked NOVA.. I had since last year just beat it a couple days ago. The ending was probably the most disappointing thing ever.. "Game complete" (end mission music). I was so TICKED haha. let's hope this has an ACTUAL ending.

12. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    iPad version

Are they releasing the iPad version tomorrow?

13. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    how many hours till it comes out in NZ?

14. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Me and my friends actually loved NOVA 1 and the multi as well. I played it a couple days ago and it was still fun despite MC2 being out. If NOVA 2 is like MC2 multi but with futuristic maps and weapons, it will be awesome. But I will admit that the only thing I hated about NOVA 1 was the ending. It was cliche and really sucked, but at least they included more than 1 ending (that really did not differ from each other)

15. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah I just learned how to Quickscope on frozen. ME and my friend had a 100 kill match during study hall. I won 100-97. He kept using the rocket launcher on me (n00b!) while I in the beginning played normally but I tried out the sniper and after I got used to it he kept dying within 3 seconds of me seeing him.

16. ablar2

ablar2 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    wormhole
  17. shap08

shap08 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Manchester United FAN!
    Australia-DownUnder
    about 7 and a half hours

18. ramoola

ramoola Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Sigh...... Pacific time over here. Still about 23.5 hrs left :p

19. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Ya, for some reason I never really liked NOVA 1 either. I think its because the missions were always solitary. I really enjoy having friendly AI along for the game, as it feels like a more large scale conflict. Luckily, MC2:BP had friendly AI, so I hope this does too. It actually looks really good.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I should be Sooooo Excited for this. But I'm not. I think Aralon stole the spotlight.