N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    NOVA 2 will be awesome n_n, i just hope there are bigger and more baddass bosses in this game

2. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    ohh, and Nova was also a great game for the iOS plataform, seriously, i think it was better that a game called The Conduit i bought for the Wii :D, its great how the iphone is advancing in the gaming development :)

3. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sure is, i think in a couple of years we will have ps2 graphics then in a bit more years we will have ps3/360 ones as well and gameloft may be the ones to take us there :D

4. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    :D i hope my sarcasm detector is not broken xD but i really think that gameloft is making big steps in the hardware, iphone has evolved and has gotten games that could be appropiate to play in the Snes, ps1, N64, and now their games are getting better and better.
    also taking in mind games like Rage and Infinity Blade that (no gameplay wise, but graphin wise) could have been in the gamecube, xbox, ps2, or even 360/ps3 (well xbla arcade and psn :p), the graphics department of the iphone is only going forward :D

5. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #285 Pacificsun0481, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    Honestly, these graphics on the latest iOS games are better than last gen consoles. John Carmack in an interview, stated as such.

Take unreal 3, for example...

None of the last gen consoles could run it. The Wii can't run it, neither can the upcoming 3ds.

The latest iOS games are closer to the 360, than a ps2.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/11/post-8.ars

Excerpt from John Carmack (id software)

"So it's probably fair to say that the iOS devices are better than the previous-generation consoles. You could pick poster-child optimization cases where any given platform is going to be better, but in terms of just saying, "what's the best game you can make with this," I could certainly make a better game given the same amount of development resources on an iOS device than on anything in the previous console generation—the original Xbox or the PS2. But, conversely, the current generation of consoles is quite significantly more powerful than what you can do on iOS. Of course, how much that actually turns into better gameplay and design is certainly open for some discussion.

Whether the iOS devices will reach that same level of performance before the next console generation ships is quite an interesting question. There are some very different designs for power consumption considerations that go into their hardware design, and cranking things up to give that level of power but gets burning hot in your hands and uses up the battery in 30 minutes is absolutely possible with the form factor right now, but it's probably not the right decision from the standpoint of what the device really is and is supposed to be. But even at the same power draw, they're going to be doubling and doubling again the performance level."

6. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Will this be the likely release this week? Or next?

I also hope it launches simultaneously for iPad.

7. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    snsnsn

Meow:

8. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yeah iDevices are far past the PS2 and XBOX. They are nearing the 360 and PS3.

And Gameoft doesn't do shit to utilize hardware. Both Rage and Infinity Blade have graphics that make NOVA 2 and Shadow Guardian look like crap.

9. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    dude....dont judge until you've played them.

10. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    #290 PhxBangBus602, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    There is a lot more going on screen in Nova 2 and Shadow Guardian. If Infinity Blade had more characters on screen it wouldn't look as good. Why do you think it focuses on only 1v1 combat and does have any citizens to interact with?

11. Possibly a stupid question, but I haven't paid much attention to this game. Will online multiplayer have a ranking/perk (or "skill") system like in MC2?

12. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Possibly and hopefully you can teabag people like in Halo 3.

13. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes.

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  15. I'm sorry, what did you say? Can you repeat that in one more Gameloft topic to clarify?

...Seriously though, we get the idea. No need to post that same thing over and over. Also, your link doesn't work.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Are you following me?

17. zakroma

zakroma Member

Sep 7, 2010
  18. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    They announced some winners for the NOVA 2 statues, does this hint at a nz release tomorrow ?

19. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    hope so :)