N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Are they all fps's? Then we shouldnt compare them :p

2. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Nova is still the best single player story i have played on my iphone.

Really looking forward to Nova 2, best game dec 2010 :)

3. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Lol ive had the game since December 17th last year, and still havent completed the campaign.

4. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Funny, I bought NOVA during the .99 sale and in anticipation of the sequel i finally sat down and played it. Its alot of fun my only compliant about it is how i would get stuck in certain places because i didn't kill the one rouge enemy hiding some where.

Separate gameloft note does anyone have a clue as to what there tweet from the other day might hint to?
    All the @Gameloft Elves are working hard on some Christmas surprises for you. Be ready for some unwrapping on Monday! #ChristmasIsComing

Its monday wheres my surprise ! :)

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Here's your surprise! http://blog.gameloft.com/index.php/2010/11/29/twitter-advent-calendar/

Sadly not a game though.

Although in their original tweet, they did say surprises. Maybe we'll get a game later?

6. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    True and gameloft did tweet that nova 2 could be coming out at the end of november but its unlikely. If not november then it must be out early december.

7. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    They didn't provide a specific release. Just "in a few weeks" a week ago. I don't know what a few weeks means. To EA, it means 4-6 months (Reckless Racing and Mirror's Edge).

8. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Gameloft is usually a lot more timely than EA. Thank goodness.

9. hastings

hastings Active Member

Nov 23, 2010
    lol:)

10. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Scraps of info on Nova 2

NOVA 2

Last week we played the first level of the game, and you can read our hands-on impressions here. Some new levels were shown to us today, including a vehicular level much like the jeep level in the first game. only this time you a re on a fast moving jet bike, echoing scenes from the pod racing in Star Wars. As you swerve left to right while speeding through desert canyons, you must also take out enemies on the ground and in there air. It looks pretty cool, and will certainly add a change of pace to the FPS heavy segments.

In fact I ask a question to the development team during the press conference if there will be any puzzle and exploration elements to the game as seen in NOVA 1, as in my play through of level one there was none. They answered that yes there are both puzzle elements and maze like exploration segments to the game, as well as mini games. in fact the last level they showed opened with a free fall section ,as you plummet down what looks like an alien mine shaft. This plays out like the usual tunnel like games where you must avoid the oncoming beams and other objects in the tunnel.

Finally I asked if Gameloft will continue to support all iOS devices in future or if they think there will come a time where the graphics technology of the older devices will hold them back? To which they answered they will always strive to provide gaming experiences for every gamer on all devices, and so for the immediate future every iOS device will be supported.

We’ll be getting hands-on with these games next week, so stay tuned to TouchGEN.com
    [​IMG]

11. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Awesome news! Thanks!

12. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I hope it has a longer campaign than the other one, the other one only took me about 1.5-2 hours.

13. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #253 dumaz1000, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    I don't like stupid mini-games integrated into my fps. More traditional fps like Halo and COD certainly don't have them. They feel forced and contrived to me, something popularized seemingly by Bioshock; or, as I like to call it, Bio-Stink. God, I hate that game.

Enough with the on-rails "gun-turrent" level. Why must Gameloft abitrarily force an on-railing shooting sequence into every single action-oriented Gameloft game?

The campaign didn't feel too short to me in NOVA. Granted, I expect going into it that it won't be nearly as long as the standard fps console campaign. I suppose I lost a little interest in NOVA and never actually finished anyway. I got pretty far though. I think how long a game feels relates directly to how quickly you beat it. I always stretch out games out, playing for only short sessions, so that they rarely feel as short to me as they actually are.

Gameloft games tend to wane and often times feel too long, to be honest. Even relatively short Gameloft games can come off as feeling too long. Their stuff can come off as feeling repetitive if they don't mix it up enough. All games are repetitive, but not all games feel repetitive. BIA2, MC2,and Zombie Infection displayed enough gameplay variety for me to actually finish them. Games like NOVA and Iron Man 2 and some others, not so much.

14. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    That sounds awesome!

Off-topic: Hey THQ Wireless, hurry up and port Episode I Racer already!

15. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    Surprised i never thought about a port of that. Would be a great game if done properly!!!

16. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Sorry to be off topic, but Gameloft just contacted me and said that I won one of the Nova 2 figurines!

so excited for this game, this is awesome!
    :)

17. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/nova-2-hands-on-preview

18. i3lackDawn

i3lackDawn Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Seems sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Really interested in getting more info on multiplayer.

19. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    #259 Ipadboy, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Soon everyone will want NOVA3......

20. slick_graal

slick_graal Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Mars
    Those screens are beautiful!!