N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Nope. No Wii. I camped to get a preorder for one on launch, only to part with it later on, in favor of the 360.

I enjoy Glee, but I'm not an effeminate chap.

;)

No offense, to anyone.

I am excited for Nova 2. Who doesnt like a great FPS?

2. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Unfortunately, Nova 2. More people (general non gamer site regulars) know of Nova and play FPS games. Thanks to the recent popularity of Halo and Call of Duty....

I hope Aralon performs better, but I don't think it will.

3. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    From the gameloft Twitter 2 days ago:

All the @Gameloft Elves are working hard on some Christmas surprises for you. Be ready for some unwrapping on Monday! #ChristmasIsComing

So what do you think guys?? NOVA 2, Dungeon hunter 2...maybe Asphalt 6??

4. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Is it me or is Gameloft releasing allot of games lately. Have they hired a whole new crew?

p.s: Happy 500 :)

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    At last count they had 5000 employees. They probably have more now. Gameloft isn't doing anything that they haven't done since the inception of the appstore. This is what they do. They line up three or four games in a row and hit you with them all at once. Rarely do they just release a single game. Their release window is usually a month, and in that month you are going to get at least three games. That's just how Gameloft does it.

NOVA would sell more based largely upon the MP component. That's a huge draw over Aralon. A lot of people will buy NOVA that have no interest in the single player portion of the game.

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I think Dungeon Hunter 2. That was the first one to be announced, right? And I imagine they'd want to release NOVA 2 nearer Christmas because that'll be their biggest seller.

7. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

I'd be happy if it were Shadow Guardian :cool:

Any ideas? Isn't it Monday in NZ, already?

8. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    its about 6:30 a.m right now in new Zealand. this includes most cities.

9. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I can almost guarantee it won't be Shadow Guardian. Gameloft never releases games so quickly after being announced, especially with a backlog of 3 other games that were announced ages ago.

It's 6:35 AM in NZ right now. I'm not sure when there going to release the game though (maybe they meant Monday US time).

10. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Gameloft games only come out on Wednesday USA/Thursday NZ.

I expect Nova/Dungeon Hunter to be released same time, then Shadow Guardian/Eternal Legacy, then Asphalt 6

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I don't think Gameloft has ever released 2 games at once (or ever will).
    If Gameloft releases a game this week, I think it'll be Dugeon Hunter 2. I think Asphalt 6 will come after (sometime in mid December) then NOVA 2 will be released near Christmas (perhaps Christmas Eve or Christmas day).

I think Shadow Guardian and Eternal Legacy will be released after Christmas (in early 2011), because they are the only games which haven't been given a December release date by Gameloft and they were announced recently.

12. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Asphalt 6 will be released first as that was the most recent trailer they released and announced a December release date for a game.

13. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    But Dungeon Hunter 2 was announced 3 months before Asphalt 6. I don't know though, the games could be released in any order.

14. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    That is so true that DH 2 was announced way before Asphalt 6. However, GL never gave any release date on any of the announced games until the AS 6 trailer that ended with a release of December. Of all the videos they have teased on DH 2 they never really gave us a release date if memory serves me.

15. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    #235 Pacificsun0481, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

They have said Nova 2 is coming in December, in fact a couple of weeks ago, they said it was coming in a couple of weeks...

It wouldn't surprise me if they released Nova 2 first. I'm sure that's the one title they want to make sure sells the best. I'm assuming here, but if Gameloft is aware of Infinity Blade, Bad Company and Aralon, then wouldn't there be a chance they could release Nova 2 first? If any company understands the AppStore, it's Gameloft. I would think they comprehend, that when people purchase other titles, they are less willing to spend for their titles. Hence, they'd want Nova to be purchased by the most people possible. It's their crown jewel.

Logic:

(1: to undercut the competition, in their mind)

(2: to make sure people purchase their game, not having to wait because people purchased those other devs games)

I see them releasing Dungeon Hunter 2, alongside Aralon and Infinity Blade. Maybe that's why they've been quiet on the date for DH2. they're waiting and watching to see what the competition will do. I wouldn't put it past Gameloft to try and undercut the competition: (Epic and Crescent Moon)

Little do they know, I would pick infinity blade and Aralon over dungeon hunter 2, any day.

16. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Im 80% sure that theyre gonna release NOVA2 first...Ive always loved Gameloft and kept an eye on their patterns of game releases. They teased us around a month ago with a trailer, and then they sent quite a few screenshots. Then they opened up a contest thats ending pretty soon, and then they tweeted many times that NOVA2 is coming very soon. Compare all that, to one video of how DH2 was made, and a trailer.

I also think that Gameloft is gonna release 4-5 games in December. One game per week. I mean, its the holidays, and what better time to get your games out for people to buy then december right?

17. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    i just downloaded NOVA 1. its incredible. i cant wait for NOVA 2 omgawh!

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I deff want shadow guardian. I just hope it does not turn out to be a zombie infection. we were shown screens and the release came about 6 months down the road.

19. Pacificsun0481

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA

I believe you're right.

I think Nova is coming first. Logic being that they had posted recent trailers, tweeted it's upcoming release, released screens and even held hands on previews with gaming sites.

I guess we'll find out soon.

20. macdude2

macdude2 Active Member

Oct 2, 2010
    infinity blade and aralon both look amazing compared to dungeon hunter. However I think that NOVA 2 will be the best out of all of them.