N.O.V.A 2! - [Gameplay Trailer, Releasing on Dec 16]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SJP99, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    (credit to Pocketgamer)

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/NOVA+2/news.asp?c=25208

"N.O.V.A. was one of the big games of 2009, and the sequel to Gameloft's Halo for iOS will rapidly be upon us.

And so the company is starting to leak out more details.

A long time ago

Set eight years on from the first game, our hero Kal Wardin has left the Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance of the Terran Orbitals and now lives on the desert planet of Scorpius. (A bit like A New Hope then.)

Yet, elsewhere in the universe a bloody civil war was broken out, fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals against the Human-Alien Alliance.

It's an alliance between the Volterites, a newfound race of aliens and politicians from the Colonies, which promise an ideal future where alien technology will put an end to all of humanity's problems. Of course, Volterites have special powers, possessing mind control and telekinetic abilities.

It's all going to end in tears for Kal's peaceful retirement m'thinks.

Bad men

In keeping with this background, some of the enemies you'll come across have also been detailed.

These include: the Volterite Psychers, who are equipped with an invisibility suit and use their telekinetic abilities; the Volterite Shock Trooper, armed with a lightning gun; the Heavy Demon, a ranged enemy that fires cannon-like plasma balls; armoured Cybertooth dogs; infected marines, who use their standard assault rifles, shotguns and sniper rifles against you; and the Red Fury troopers, who thanks to their jet packs, can jump medium distances, and are armed with two plasma pistols and flashbang grenades.

You can see the artwork for each character here, and check out the first gameplay trailer below.

N.O.V.A. 2 is due for release in December."

2. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I wish the gameplay footage was just a tad longer. looks like battles will be more nuanced with bigger environs and vehicles etc. I have a good feeling about this one; I think it will be another upgrade proportionate to MC -> MC2.

The knockoff effect still turns me off though :/ May future Gameloft franchises be less copycat please.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Same here, bro. I hate those turret levels, in any game. Sure, they're nice if you can run up to a turret and fire on a few bad guys, but riding in the truck or whatever using a turret to defend it is just annoying. All I do is hold the fire button and swipe my finger all over the screen and it ends up killing everything.

But, as you said, it's Gameloft, so we'll almost definitely have another turret mission.

4. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I just wish Gameloft had gone, or will go less copy and paste with the art direction of Nova 2.

I would have liked, or would rather see lush alien landscapes and a remarkable color palette more similar to Halo Reach's vibrant skyskapes and terrain.

The palm trees and jungle looks of Gameloft's recent outings is getting tired. Recycled effects and terrain.

Look at what the vision of Halo Reach and even the original Metroid Prime accomplished with unique, lush, and alien vistas and style.

Not as Earth like or generic. I want to see other worlds and explore new places, especially in video games - specifically ones dealing with space.

5. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Will not make the same mistake with nova again! What a waste of 7 bucks!

6. han0007

han0007 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah Nova 2 definetely aint coming in the next 12 days.

7. Cheezus

Cheezus Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Portland, OR
    release it already!!

8. Cheezus

Cheezus Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Just passed you on the MC2 leader board han0007 :) although I must say your efficiency is much better then mine!

9. han0007

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
  10. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    lazy of them not to post a 2 min vid of multi. Could care less of the SP, but the multi sounds awesome. 10 players, hopefully blue and red teams to tell each other apart, in mc2 there is this weird army and resistance thing, and I often wonder whether I'm on the first or the latter.

11. Bmanashe3

Bmanashe3 Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Haha, why so u look at the logo!! Orrrr better yet, just aim for the people with red names! Don't nade the green ones!!

12. ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Maybe they weren't allowed to?

Definitely can't wait for this to be released.

13. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Check back in a couple of hours guys/girls.Video will be posted.

From Twitter

''We played NOVA 2 today... Hands-on coming in a few hours from now. Keep it TouchGEN!'' :D

Same guys just posted Infinity Blade Gameplay :D

14. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    #195 Toad In The Hole, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    multiplayer info:

A maximum of 10 players will be supported in 5 different match types: Free for All (i.e. deathmatch), Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Freeze Tag, and Instagib.

Also pledged is a new ranking and perks system, similar to the addicting one employed in Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.

There are 6 environments in the single player campaign - Jungle, Desert, Factory, Ship, Frozen planet, Space city - so it seems likely that there will be 6 multiplayer maps.

Screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Hey Toad, can you state your sources please? Thanks.

16. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

17. han0007

Jun 2, 2009
    First Officer Qantas.
    Melbourne, Australia
    Woahhhh, awesome!! Hope there are big maps

18. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    #199 LBG, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Screenshots in full resolution (notice the invisible enemy in the 3rd screenshot ;))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    someone wana explain the Freeze Tag, and Instagib modes?