Universal Mystic Guardian : Final Quest (by Buff Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iliyard, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Not playable on my 7+. Works well on my Air 2

2. Distrak

Distrak Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Dev
    World
    I think the team behind this game is very talented and has executed their vision exceptionally. My main beefs are witih their vision.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The update doesn't fix the burning hot battery on my iPhone7 :(

I opened the app after the update, played for 30 seconds until the phone felt like a BBQ, closed the app, and saw I lost 2% of my battery... lol.

4. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    It's very slow on my device. Iphone 7 plus 256
    Looks interesting but il wait till it's fixed right

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    The update didnt fix that?

6. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    can you guys please make it drain less battery? this game is stupid fun. easily the most fun arpg i've had on mobile in a while. but i can't really play it much unless i'm at home and plugged in because it drains so much battery.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Laggy as crap on my 7 plus still.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope they can fix it. I love it like you do but seriously, I don't have a single game that burns battery as fast as this on my iPhone. I have no idea what happened when they made this... I could probably sink dozens of hours into this if it wasn't for that.

Honestly, the worst battery burner game I've played on mobile is Xcom and this would probably take 2nd or 3rd place... I think it burns as much battery as Implosion if not more :\ That aside, it's not comfortable to play any game when it starts feeling like a stove on your hands.

9. iliyard

iliyard Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    We don't have a iPhone 7 Plus, so we can't fix the problem.
    Fortunately, we're going to borrow the device on Monday, so I think we can debug it.
    As early as Tuesday, we will solve the problem.

10. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Thank you!

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thats awesome!

12. darkelite

darkelite Active Member

Dec 25, 2013
    It runs fine on iPhone 6, no battery drain. I am wondering why on the iPhone 7 it's lagging and the battery gets super hot. It's like "The game runs poorly on newer/powerfull devices".

Great game, I love it. :)

13. iliyard

iliyard Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    We have slightly improved the game speed on the iPhone 7 Plus. However, it is still unsatisfactory. We will continue to improve it.

14. Moha die Boa

Moha die Boa Member

Jan 17, 2016
    It is still absolutely unplayable. Shame

15. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    #35 panfried, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    I just started chapter 9 and wanted to give more feedback from what I've seen so far:

The gold from watching ads needs to increased at a much higher rate. I believe it starts with giving 2000 gold which is amazing in the beginning but now that skills take 13,000+ to level up getting 2500 gold each time is a chore. Is the increase based off of your character's level? I feel like it goes up by 10 gold for each level up.

I really think that equipment should be worth more gold, to buy and to sell. The price of leveling up a skill is so much higher than the price of a sword or armor it doesn't match well. It would also help a lot with the gold issue if selling dropped equipment was actually worth doing.

Active skills are sadly underwhelming. I am playing as Kainen using his Warrior class right now so I can only comment on those skills, but they just don't seem powerful enough to be useful. I was thinking that since normal attacks and combo's are all melee I wanted some skills with range. The main skills you get for this class change your sword to either a machine gun (rapid fire), a lightning gun (can shock) or a grenade launcher (AOE) but they only last for a limited number of shots. However they all do less damage then just the normal 4-hit EX combo which wipes out most mobs in two uses or so.
    Honestly the only use I get out of them is turning on the machine gun to destroy exploding barrels and mushrooms from far away, not for killing enemies, which it shouldn't be like. Please, please, please think about increasing the damage of the active skills.

Passive skills and buffs are quite nice however, I use the stealth buff a lot as it makes all enemies stop attacking while active (including bosses). My suggestion to other players is to have one page of skill quickslots be the damage buff, armor buff, stealth and Show Time to reduce cool down timers and reapply them quicker.

Ride Armor is cool, at first I just used it as a way to damage bosses without hurting my HP. But I got lucky and found a +200% gold drop "rate" and two +50% gold drop "rate" Ride Armor parts and equipped them on the first Ride Armor, now monsters drop 800-1000 gold each pile. I put the word 'rate' in quotes because it is actually gold drop amount and not really the rate of it dropping.

I love the boss killing animations, they are really funny to watch :).

I unlocked a new class in chapter 8, do we eventually get to unlock the other 2 in later chapters or do you have to buy them?

Wishlist:
    Inventory slots as a quest reward (doesn't have to be a lot)
    Soulstones as a quest reward (doesn't have to be a lot)
    Some kind of EXP dungeon for grinding a lot (this may come later, not sure)
    Storage and some way to transfer items to the other characters

16. Severed

Severed Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Awesome impressions pan. Sadly I'm still one of those iPhone 7 plus users dying to give this game a shot but having to wait patiently for a fix (trying to anyways). Nonetheless I hope they take some of your suggestions in mind. Balance is crucial is games like these so that they don't become a snoozefest and/or grindfest.

17. panfried

Oct 2, 2013
    Some more impressions:
    Beat chapter 12 and the final boss for Kainen and I am strangely no longer allowed to play as him, which I really don't like. At some point it must unlock as I am not even at the point of the second class change.

The gold issue solved itself with mobs dropping higher values as you get into later chapters.

I was never able to change into either of the other classes for Kainen, so it looks like you get to pick one class and have to buy the other two if you want to use them.

Now playing as Ray I am going to go with Striker as it seems to have very high damage skills rather than low damage, multi-hit ones. That and the skill that summons a robot to attack for Kainen was lame so I won't go for the summoning class for Ray.

Never got any inventory slots or Soulstones as quest rewards.
    No EXP dungeon found yet.
    Transferring items is pointless as both characters share the same inventory, which actually is a bad idea in my opinion. I now have to play thru the whole game again but holding gear for Kainen which I can't use since he is locked.

And for the love of all that is good in this world, this game needs a storage system. Please add one!
    You can even sell storage expansions just like inventory expansions, just let me put high level crafted gear/orbs/amulets/etc somewhere instead of carrying them around.

Wishlist:
    Inventory slots as a quest reward
    Soulstones as a quest reward
    EXP dungeon for grinding
    Each character has their own inventory
    Shared storage box (a place to put items which all characters can access)

18. Severed

Severed Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Great news is that this update seems to have fixed the lag issues on 7+! I don't exactly have gameplay (without lag) to compare it too but I'm pretty sure it is exactly how it is meant to be now lol. I can finally start playing as well as the few others that have mentioned the same issues on here, provided they haven't given up hope!

19. panfried

Oct 2, 2013
    Just beat Ray's story. I would say his final boss is a lot easier than Kainen's.
    So now both Ray and Kainen are blacked out on the character select and I can play neither of them.
    Ignit costs 30 soul stones of which I only have 13...
    I either have to pay $.99 or keep logging in for the daily bonus for many many days in a row.
    :mad:

20. Shadow21z

Shadow21z New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Quest tissue samples if clones

I'm subpost to go to north 5 in San forest. However their is a locked exit in the north and the other side is a house.
    Not sure what to do at this point.