Universal Mystery of Fortune 3 (by Dotomchi Games ink.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This is both appalling and compulsive.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I feel conflicted about this.

The grind seems huge for an app I paid £5 for.

The price points on the IAPs are... ambitions. £0.99 for 5m gems seems ok - and would enable a great deal - but the £9.99 (!) exp doubler etc and levelling requirements to move beyond the starting squad are both obscene, and passive.

Yes, I can unlock new equipment on every second to fourth run. But eg to unlock thief class - which it’s suggested I do on run 1 - I need to first get an archer or thief to L50.

Idk, that might be alright, but the passivity or the game then becomes a problem. I can see this working on a work day; check back every five minutes. But it’s grim of an evening, and feels like a wasted iPad. (I could be doing something else with this...)

That the exp doubler also allows you to boost gameplay to 4* speed (whilst doing nothing) also highlights the vacuity at the heart of the early gameplay. There’s almost nothing to do except hammer “go” to repeat dungeon runs, in an identical dungeon (no procedural generation here!) with chars who it’s going to take a good hour or three to substantively progress.

I can see real potential in the complex class system, and the layered commands. And for shite days at work, as a tease running in the background.

I think the crunch point for me is paying full price though - £5 feels like too much for what is essentially borderline freemium, particularly given I know that it was going for £0.99 #rofl

Think I’m currently looking at refunding and deleting, but will keep an eye out for £0.99 sales.

3. RyGnwn

RyGnwn New Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Male
    You dont actually have to grind to level 50. I find grinding to level 25 Soldier, then change to level 25 archer, and finally a thief to be easier. And when you reach higher check point, it's going to be easier to grind. It's actually harder to find higher class card than grinding for the level. At 2000+ you can almost max your character in a single run (well, it's a 27 hours run, so 13.5 hours with x2 speed, lol)
    [​IMG]

4. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I was wondering how long the higher level dungeon runs would take, but was afraid to ask. Only 13.5 hours at x2, so that’s all right then.

Actually it isn’t. The sensible thing to do would be to make it easier to find higher class cards. I think these crazy time scales really spoil the game, overshadowing the other interesting innovations.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Buy the £9.99 IAP and it can play itself in 6.5hrs overnight!

Yeah. I think this one’s for the delete and refund pile atm!

The meta game and IAP priced remind me of dungeon makers tbf. I can see there’s some promise in there. But the up front is too heavy and the active engagement too minimal.

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I tried this at work today. Setting it off and then coming back after it had done a run. Leaving it on battery saver.

I couldn’t push into a second run, bc I was so rage filled by the first #rofl

It’s just so ridiculous and wasteful. I have to wait for the game to play itself (or I can pay £10 so that I’m allowed to have it play itself twice as fast) before I can tinker with the meta game, and all that time it’s using battery, device time, and resources.

It reminds me of a good old freemium energy timer, only far more obnoxious and resource intensive. At least with an energy timer I can use my device for sth else whilst I wait!

Work - when I lack the ability to play anything that needs attention - was the only context where this might’ve thrived. With that dead, this is going in the bin with a refund going in the second I’m invoiced #rofl

Asp likes this.
  7. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Can someone share how to use “on second action (loop)” macro? I tried to use this to chain commands together but not working. Thanks.

8. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    It is not used to chain commands together.

The macros are like simple computer programs. Each action in the list is executed sequentially in a continuous loop.

An action designated ‘second loop’ will not be triggered until the second run through the list.

I use second and third loop commands for things like ‘First Aid’. This prevents the healing action from being wasted in short battles, but will be triggered in longer battles that run for multiple loops.

9. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Yeah.. I overestimated the complexity of this game.
    After survived the initial few hours and gotten some decent units and equipments, grinding become no-brainer.. I don’t even bother with macro setup anymore.. I end up spending most time staring at the black power mode saving screen and praying for my current run to end soon...

stubbieoz likes this.
  10. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I bought some IAP. 5 million crystals for a dollar. Seemed like a good deal except I never got the crystals. Hopefully they will use the dollar to make some improvements.