My thoughts on NBA Game Time

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by danielkane, Apr 29, 2009.

1. danielkane

danielkane Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Just my thoughts of the nba game time app....

NBA Game Time is distributed by NBA Digital, and is the NBA’s first official app with live game information. Although it is a solid app, it is hopefully the prequel to something greater.

The app loads up in about two-seconds, and you are presented with an NBA logo, with 4 tabs along the bottom. The App gives you scores, schedule, playoffs, and standings.

Under scores you can chose between today’s games, yesterday’s games, and tomorrow’s game’s. When tapping on a day it gives you a scrolling list of all the games that are being played on your selected day. It also tells you the time of the game, the teams playing, and the TV network it will be on. If any game is going on as you’re in the application, their will be a notification like number (similar to when you have new mail) signifying the game that is going on now. Tapping on a game in progress or already played presents you with, a box score including, player stats, quarter by quarter scores and if the game is in progress the quarter along with the time.

The next tab “Schedule” let’s you scroll through a calender. Once you have selected any day on the calender you can view all the games of that day and when they are being played, along with which network they will be on, if any.

The second to last tab dubbed as “playoffs” let’s you swipe left and right, as if a photo, the playoff bracket. The playoff bracket gives you a looks at the road to the finals and all the games in the series and when they will be played along with which network.

The fourth and final tab labeled as “Standings” gives you a look at the regular season standings. In a very simple and easy to understand format.

As far as a summary of features, you can view in-depth scores, take a look at upcoming games, see the bracket, and just as a reference you can take a look at the regular season standings.What I want to see: The summary of features (above) doesn’t sound too exciting, does it? The app’s only must-have feature is scores really. What I really want to see, is some news, a way to pick your favorite team so you can see all their scores and their news, as soon as you launch the app, and some post-game highlights in video form, at that any video at all would be nice. The app right now is free although if the NBA wants to release a paid version with any of the above features I would happily buy it.

Version Number/Bugs: NBA Game Time is in version 1.1 as of writing this article. The app crashes occasionally when taking a look at a box score.

In Conclusion, this app should really be called “NBA Game Time: Where amazing is yet to happen”. Hopefully this app is the stepping stone to something much greater. You can find this app in the app store as a free download, it’s worth a download if you’re a basketball fan.

2. PowerThirst

PowerThirst Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Good review, +1