My iPod can swim longer than Pante's!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Kamazar, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I had a NPDE. A Near-iPod-Death-Experience. I had my iPod and phone in the pocket of my shorts. They went into the wash, and... well, they just didn't make it out in time. So I was searching for my electronics, backtracked, y'know, and I went back, thought about it, hmmmmm...mmmmmm...mmmm...mmm....m... and I made a dash to my hanging laundry! I reached into my pocket, grabbed my iPod, tried to turn it on, it flicked on, showed a freaky realistic blue screen (as if something other than the screen were lighting up), and it died. I thought I short-circuited it. You idiot, you idiot!!! I plugged in in. Nada. So weeping gently, I left it on a counter as I left for my spring break vacation, now depressed.

I'm back. Pessimistically, I arrive home a week later. I don't expect much. I grab my iPod, it fails to turn on. Memories of it flash through my head to Celine Dion. I plug it in. The screen flickers on. A red battery pops up. What a shame. Did I really believe... wait, a red battery?!?!?! YES!!! HALLELUJAH! THANKYEW, APPLE GODS, THANKYEW!!!

My iPod survived an entire wash and rinse cycle. I gotta give credit to the Apple engineers. They are amazing. Just wanted to share my story.

Pante, my ipod outswam your iPhone. Just sayin' ;)

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Wow. Check the headphone jack to see if the paper changed color

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

Dude thats amazing!

4. SmallSoldiers81

SmallSoldiers81 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    My ipod near death story involves my nano. My dad got mad at my dirty room and when I was done cleaning my ipod was somehow in a watering can :eek:.
    It stayed on the charging screen when i took it off the charger for about 4 hours. It also was verrryy warm. It ended up somehow working again :eek: but i got an itouch

5. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    th is happened to my sisters 3d gen ipod touch

she left it in her jeans pocket and it went into the wash and into the drying machine

it came out and flickered on after a week of bieng left to dry more

there was watr in the ipod

it miraculously turned on but the backlight flickers and sometimes doesnt work and thats the only affect the wash had on it

6. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Happened to my cellphone... Twice just saying this is lounge

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It would of sucked if it didn't make it especially considering you just got it.

8. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    So all we have to do is to send it for a dry cleaning huh LOL!

9. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    It's good to hear you still have your device intact.

Didn't you post about loosing your touch around the house like about a month ago, But then ended up finding it?