My iOS Games Sales Statistic for the past Month

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Rocotilos, Jul 13, 2012.

1. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Sales statistics after 3 months from launch

Hey guys, we have recently finished detailed post mortem of our first iOS game Power of Logic. It has been downloaded over 530 000 times and cca 10 000 are paid downloads. The game has already covered development costs and two free promo actions helped us a lot to have steady daily downloads around $20. Recently we've implemented Chartboost and it generates with some 10 000 impressions around $30 a day.

For more details check the post-mortem at http://slidesha.re/PoL-PostMortem

2. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Did you consider the services of a professional PR agency like Appular or TriplePointPR to do you press release? Or to go the Publisher route?

3. sinuous

sinuous Active Member

May 8, 2012
    Lead Mobile Developer
    UK
    We had a similar situation with our first game NinjaTrials but the problem was compounded by a bug with the App Store which meant that we didn't appear on the list of new releases (I think we were listed by a lot of external sites as being released in 1970!).

There's already been a lot of sound advice in this thread. I think it can be disheartening to spend a lot of time making something good and then see almost no downloads. Visibility really is the key term, and you need to think to yourself 'If I was a gamer out there with an iPhone who knew nothing about my game, how would I find it?'.

We learnt a lot from our first game so really it was a great experience. It's hard to draw the line between putting all your time into one massive project or splitting it and doing more than one. The question is, do you want all your eggs in one basket?

4. Zenout

Zenout Well-Known Member

Correction from my previous post...Going free with cross-promotion did actually generate a sale+ per day (a sale is a sale). So I stand corrected and again learn the hard way :)