My game idea!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sambo110, May 2, 2009.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    #1 Sambo110, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    This will be an upcoming game if people think it will be worth making. Basically it is a game where you hold the iPhone in portrait mode, things fall from the top and you have to dodge them. It slowly gets faster, and you get points each second, and maybe can collect stuff for points. There might be power ups that do certain things, maybe invincibility for 5 seconds or whatever. It will be a score based game, trying to compete for the highest score. Then it may get online scores if it is popular. I know it might seem simple, but a lot of great games on the iPhone are. What do you guys think?

2. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Sounds like one of Ian Marsh's game ideas.

3. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I didn't mean to copy it. Does it sound too much like scoops? Cause I think it would play differently from it.

4. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Sounds like Kyper, sorta

5. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Wow, you're a genius (if you were born 3000 years ago).

Really, this idea is poor. I think all of us can think of a better idea in less than 5 minutes.

6. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Back to the drawing board then I guess. It is my first game ever (well, proper one), so be nice please.

7. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It's not very original but if you make it EXTREMELY polished with tons of power ups/ global high scores and unique graphics, then you could turn this into a great game. I say go for it as there are few games like it in the AppStore. Cube Runner and Kyper don't count because in those games you are moving up and the obstacles are still. Scoops is not even close really.

8. Sambo110

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Well, if I do make it, I wanted to have it unique in graphical style. I don't know how, but not like other games. I'll see how I go, if I (and you guys) think it is unique enough when it is a bit done, then I will probably finish it and release it.

9. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    If it is your first game, Id suggest making something that you really enjoy. Make a game that you'd buy if you saw it in the store. This'll ensure that you continue working on fine tuning your idea, and won't get bored and throw another pos onto the store hoping to make a quick buck. Create an interface that can range across several games, look at Ian's games, kyper, skyburger, scoops, tilt to move side to side and things scrolling down from the top, turned into three different but totally fun games. Or the MMO's that'll have the same UI but totally different items that give each it's own feel.

10. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    If it is your first game, Id suggest making something that you really enjoy. Make a game that you'd buy if you saw it in the store. This'll ensure that you continue working on fine tuning your idea, and won't get bored and throw another pos onto the store hoping to make a quick buck. Create an interface that can range across several games, look at Ian's games, kyper, skyburger, scoops, tilt to move side to side and things scrolling down from the top, turned into three different but totally fun games. Or the MMO's that'll have the same UI but totally different items that give each it's own feel.

11. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    This is how the idea of Bullet Skater originated. It's the same, but your player can move all around the screen, so the bullets come from the middle.

12. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    How about you keep the idea, but have the items fly out of a black hole in the middle of the screen in all directions and you tilt to move your character from point A to point B. The levels get progressively harder with more things coming, walls, etc.

13. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    K so you want to make a kyper/scoops/space ninja clone

14. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    more like a labyrinth clone with moving objects instead of sedentary walls where some moving pieces are walls and some are holes, and the edge of screen kills you too.