My first Free App - Energy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mehware, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    #1 mehware, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    Hey guys

I decided to play around with collision/physics using particle systems and some hinge joints and created this:

Energy

[​IMG]

Swipe to move the orbs
    Pinch/Spread to zoom

http://appshopper.com/entertainment/energy

Its a FREE app that is like Newtons Cradle but only with 3 "orbs of energy". Red, Green, and Blue of course.

It also has a snow effect that bounces of the orbs. You really have to download it to see it in realtime or check the link above for screenshots.

App Store Link

I am taking suggestions to improve upon the app. Any cool effects you want to see let me know. It will always be free app.

It does have 10 pixel width ads on the side.

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Its intriguing- i really like the graphics, but theres no sound, thats kinda boring, and idk, theres not alot to do with it. If you could add more things, then id really like it, but dont change the graphics! :)

3. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    #3 mehware, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    Hey thanks,

I was thinking of making the sound based off the velocity of the orbs. Also a sound for when they collide. Maybe I'll through in a nice ambient track too. :)

Not too much to do true, its like Newtons Cradle if you ever seen one of those things with the 5 balls where it goes back in forth. I choose 3.

Might be able to do something with accelerometer too, just don't know what yet. :p

You can currently tho run your ipod in the background by going into the ipod app, playing a song or playlist and then launch the Energy App. :)

4. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    I was playing with some effects I created. In the next date you can orbit the particles/energy. I was thinking of having one crazy effect below thats enabled when you click a button on screen, its pretty trippy and may be over the top.

[​IMG]

What do you think :p?

5. Tried this today. It's nice looking but there's not really a whole lot to do with it. Performance is a bit shaky (on my iPhone 3G anyway) and touch response is very uncertain; it took be a while before I felt like my swipes were actually doing something. The banner ad kind of ruins it, too.

Not a bad start, but needs more to it. That effect you just posted does seem like it's a bit over the top, I think.

6. mehware

Nov 22, 2008
    I an update was sent to apple a day ago. Here is what energy version 2.0 will look like.

[​IMG]

Its A LOT cooler, has accelerometer interaction, can speed up/slow down the effect and even pause time to do a matrix like effect. Enjoy the screenshots :p.