My first 1,000 GameCenter games.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by EfratBarTal, Aug 29, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    My first 1000 GameCenter games

My 1000th GameCenter game was Galaxy Rush 3D, and I downloaded it on the morning of 26 of August, 2012. It was just another game, not a crappy one, definitely not a brilliant one. Just.. another game. Kinda, there on the average side, maybe somewhat below average. I opened my GC and indeed, the counter had hit that magic number of four digits. Pretty sweet.

Without having my iPhone 4 near to check, I'm guessing that there are about fourty games installed on my device at the moment. Now, not all of them have GC, but most do. I estimate that, added to the thousand GC games, I played a few more hundreds of non-GC games. But basically, over a thousand games passed through my devices on the last couple of years. If I'd stick to my firm belief that I also played about 300-400 games non-GC, I'm on about just a little under two new games a day, on average. 2 games, each day, every day. For the last two years. That's a hell of a lot of games people. I haven't been much of a gamer before I got my first iOS device (had a nice Nokia before them - which I still use occasionally when I need a device with a battery that holds for about a week). Now I'm immersed (though to a much lesser degree than last year). I'm looking at the GC list and see that I don't have a high points-per-game average. My "PPG" is actually quite low, especially compared to folks/gaming-machines like SyntheticVoid (1533 games, ~95K points) or Sink_Or_Swim(1392 games but ~110K points!). My point count is 34K only.. Which is akin to the feeling that I'm getting quite often, the feeling that there are too many games and too little time to play them all. It's that gamestream, that never-ending beast, that whenever I log on to TA, or open up my AppShopper, will always be like a million new games that just been released, and it's just impossible to stay on top of everything, and trying to do so is just impossible and futile.

Probably, If I'd say I actually completed about ten percent of the games I played, that would be a blatant exaggeration, because the vast majority of games never get to be played to more than an hour in. I would start playing the game, but after a (very short) while, a new game is there on the springboard and just calls my name, to play it. Also, I find that a lot of times, I would buy/download a game for "later", and that later just.. never comes. The worst part is when I see a deal or price drop for an iPad game and buy it for later.. I DON'T EVEN OWN AN IPAD!

And that, my friends, is my gaming life in a nutshell. And that is so great. There's always something new, some great new title out there, some nice deal for a game that's been on my wishlist for weeks or even months. Always that globe on the app store icon with some new update to a game. There's always something. And if I don't see something new 24 hours I started to get worried for maybe something is wrong with the push notifications :)

Thank you TA, Game developers, fellow gamers! Here's to the next thousand!

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Great post. Reads more like a blog entry but I enjoyed it greatly.

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I never paid much attention to the achievement points, now I read that I've got more points than syntheticvoid although he has way more games, I must be a real freak xD One guy in my friend list (David McW - I'm curious if he is in this forum aswell?!) has more than 150.000 points.. this is crazy :D

4. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    @JBRUU: Thank you, glad you liked the post :)
    @sink_or_swim: not so crazy.. because the current worldwide leader is 3,689,414.. with 152 games. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? lol

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I think he's a cheater. It's not possible to get that much points, especially not with only 152 games.

6. You can delete games from your Game Center list while keeping all of your achievement points.

7. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah but it's also possible to cheat, I've got a friend on game center got 80 games and 93,000 points that's definitely cheating

8. That doesn't "definitely" mean he's cheating. He could have deleted some of the games from his GC list for whatever reason. I personally only keep 35 games (~30,000 achievement points) in my GC list because I want it to be clutter-free.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    So if you remove games from GC the points remain? Makes sense... I'm not big on iOS game achievements so I never really thought about it. Every time I delete a game I choose to remove it from GC.