My AppStore account....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bloodangel, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Went to download a game, after been signed into my Canada account.... I signed back into my home UK account, clicked download. I then get a message from Apple saying to update my password, from iforgot. I updated it, I then get a message to enter my new password into iMessage. I do this. Then click download again, then have to verify my payment details, but it then declines my payment details and asks me to enter a alternate method... But I don't have another method, so I chose none for now. Dunno why it won't let me use my usual payment details, that I've used for last 5 years?!
    And is this because I change my home account to another?

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Did you have a balance on your uk account? It's happened to me once where Husband had, unknown to me, withdrawn money from my bank and my AppStore payment was declined as he didn't leave enough in. (Big argument that day) so whenever I went to dload or update anything I'd be prompted to verify and my card details wouldn't be accepted until I had enough funds to cover my balance. Because husband was the one who withdrew my money, I used his card to clear my iTunes balance and then just changed back to my own details.

Also whenever I sign in after using a NZ account I often have to verify. Like I say the only time I've had a problem was when I had a balance.

I guess worse case scenario if you can't get your bank details verified is you'll have to use iTunes vouchers.

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks for info.
    As far as I'm aware, I don't have a Balance.. Or anything owing, as I've no cash in there and I've not purchased anything from AppStore in a long time

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Long shot but your card hasn't expired or due to expire this month?