My apps have gone? :S

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Crow, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    Hi,

I recently had to delete my Macintosh HD partition using Disk Utility on my new iMac due to some problems and when I came around to installing the new iTunes I noticed that all of my previous apps aren't in the 'apps' section of iTunes.

What do I do about this problem? :confused:

Thanks alot! :)

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles

Um, that's because the apps were backed up on your HD. You didn't backup your files before clearing your HD? So all your music was deleted also right?

You can still download any apps you had previously purchased, you will not get double charged.

3. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    I forgot to back up my apps, but I did back up my music.. is there any way that I can get them back (perhaps the download purchases menu - which is also missing for me :/)

Thanks for your help :)

4. KitKatBar

KitKatBar Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    #4 KitKatBar, Oct 2, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
    The apps should still be listed under apps...they'll just be blank and won't do anything. I had this happen when I formatted my comp and forgot to back up my iTunes. I just went through the list and looked up each one and downloaded it again..

Make sure you are logged in too.

5. Crow

Crow Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Student
    Thanks to both of you for the help! :)

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    If you use an iPhone/Touch. Stick it in and when it gets recognised by iTunes, right click on "Your iPhone" and hit "Transfer Purchases"... It'll send them over to your computer.