My Apple ID just stopped working .. literally.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by razorianfly, Dec 10, 2008.

1. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

So, I purchased something today using my Apple ID on iTunes, and well everything was fine,
    until tonight when I went to download a free app, and got told:

'The Apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.'

I did .. again, and again, and again for about half an hour now. In that half an hour, I also tried:

- Disconnecting from Wi-Fi
    - Resetting my password through iForgot (multiple times)
    - Signing Out
    - Rebooting the system

The strange thing is, I can still access account details and my account at myinfo.apple.com with my old username and password. This is baffling me. Is it their problem? Is anyone else having iTunes login problems currently?

R-Fly

2. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I think it is their problem. Recently, I've had several instances where my account information was unavailable and I couldn't buy or download anything. The problem went away after a few minutes and everything was fine. The dialog box did say that it was an iTunes problem. Try again in a couple of hours.

3. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Damn that sucks! How many computers have you got authorized to your account? Have you tried using one of them? Have you tried doing it on your iDevice? I have no idea otherwise.. Have you tried other forums or something? perhaps you should de-authorize all computers, then sign up again?

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Yeah that really does suck. I hate problems like this that don't seem to have any explanation:p

I think you should listen to Paulio. That's some of the stuff I'd try if my account stopped working.

Good luck getting this sorted out though :(

5. tizzyler03

tizzyler03 Well-Known Member

This happened to me too!! I don't know why, but for some reason it works on my iPhone!? Oh well, I'm just glad to hear others are having the same problem, I thought for a second someone figured out my password

6. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

#6 razorianfly, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    [Official Update] - Temporary problem with iTunes accounts (10th Dec 23.53pm GMT)

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have tried de-authorising and authorising. No juice.

Just received a reply from iTunes support in which they basically said:

- Are you running the latest build of iTunes? (YES)
    - Can you login? (NO)

They asked me to provide my billing address, and on receipt they would verfiy it and reset my password manually on their side. It's worth a shot.

I'm using [email protected] to contact Apple about this problem.

Exactly the thought that ran through my head.

R-Fly

7. rhcpdrummer

rhcpdrummer Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    wtf! im getting this too! and i got like 50 bucks on credit if i cant spend that im gonna be piiiiiisssseeedd!

8. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Same issue here wtfff

9. Mahaa93

Mahaa93 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know WHEN this will be fixed? Jesus Christ this is pissing me off!!!!!!!!!

10. ShibaChica

ShibaChica Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I had it happen to me too

when I first got home I fgot the same error message and freaked out... I have had other accounts stolen before so I, of course I feared the worst but be persistant friend.... I finally got through... just another iTunes brain fart apparently.

~sc

11. MarkEightThree

MarkEightThree Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Design
    Toronto, CA
    Yea same problem over here. I figure I'll just wait it out since I just picked up the Orange Box for 360[!!] and I'll have more than enough to do the rest of the night.