Must play iPad-only games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by coderkid, Apr 18, 2017.

1. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Just got a new iPad. What are some suggestions for can't-miss iPad games?

2. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ember
    Templar Battleforce
    Crashlands
    Demons Rise 1 and/or 2
    Sunless Sea
    Titan Quest
    The Quest HD

Lots more. Genre?

3. coderkid

Nov 5, 2010
    Adventure/Point-and-Click, RPG, Puzzle, platformers primarily, but I'm open. Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check those out!

4. coderkid

Nov 5, 2010
    Bump? Any other suggestions? :)

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hmm, if you want actual iPad only games, as opposed to being also available on iPhone, I can think of only a handful of really good ones off the top of my head.

For old-fashioned but top quality CRPG action, there are the SpiderWeb games: Avadon 1-3 and the Avernum series. I think the two Shadowrun SRPGs are iPad only too, and they were pretty highly rated back in the day.

Not strictly iPad only, but far better on tablet, are the Bioware RPG ports: Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, KoTOR and, of course, Planescape Torment, which came out just last week. I'll throw in Jade Empire too, but that doesn't get the same bump from being played on a bigger screen.

For puzzles (sort of...), one of my favourite iPad-only games is Papers, Please. It's unique, and I think everybody should give it a go.

And then there's FTL, which is a roguelike iPhone users can only dream of playing (or jailbreak their phones for).

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I would say any game that requires a lot of real estate. Such as card games, etc.

7. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    He will thank me for suggesting Ember. Beautiful on 12.9

All great suggestions here