iPad Must have games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hannes, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Hi,

In 6 day I have birthday and get the iPod touch, so I search the best iPod touch games.

Can you tell me your top 5?

And should I buy the following games?

Virtual Villagers: A new Home
    Fieldrunners (What is this game exactly?)
    Stragegic Assault
    De Blob
    iPhysiks lite (please give me Infos to the different game modes)
    Nanosaur 2

And this games I think are the classic iPod touch games. I would buy them all. Or do you think one of them is bad?

Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
    Line Rider iRide
    Super Monkey Ball
    iGotchi

Thanks for your tips.
    I know it's a long list, but please help me to find the best games :rolleyes:

Greetings
    Hannes

PS: My english is a bit bad, I hope you can read all ;)

2. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Hope that helped. :)

3. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Oh, Armbruster, thanks!

You are the best! :D

I have thougt that Virtual Villagers is funny :)
    But I have also thougt that Super Monkey Ball is funny - is a update for the control in the next time planned?

And I have buy Bugdom 2 ago few weeks - is it good?

And Armbruster, very thanks for all this tips :)
    Without you I would have buy all of them :eek:

4. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Haha, don't want you wasting your money. :p

5. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I would tell you my next questions tomorrow - now I have no longer questions :D

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Stay away from De Blob and iPhysiks lite.

De Blob got good reviews, but I can't understand why. You'll wonder what's going on for the first level or two, then you'll be like "Oh, I get it. That's it?" Then you'll put it away and never play it again because bumping into walls for fun is only entertaining for about one minute.

iPhysiks lite just doesn't really do anything. Try it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

the only game that i would recommend out of those games is Fieldrunners
    i've heard too many horror stories from the others

it also depends on whart type of game you like

so far, in my honest opinion

the best (so far)

RTS (real time strategy) : Galcon
    TBS (turn based Strategy): Reign of Swords
    TD (tower defense), its a split between mote-M, fieldrunners, and beseigement, depending upon what aspects that you like in that genre, mote-m, its difficulty/challenge, fieldrunners its graphics, and beseigement, its story
    HG (best hook game? if there is such a thing) Asterope
    CD (car demolition) AutoMangle, it gets better with every update and the developer is really involved
    Best peg Jump: Hiqup
    Best Papi Game: everyone by Sunflat, try PapiJump (free) for a demo
    Best alternative to Irider: trace (free)
    Risk style game: again, of the two best ones so far, V. Conquest and Lux touch (free), they both need work, but they are the best so far

I've also been enjoying Angel Rescue 60, Phit,

it really depends upon your game/genre interest

8. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California
    i am opposed to paying for a demo
    when the actual game will come out later, why waste your money?

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I would recommend Fieldrunners and Nanosaur

10. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Wish I had stuck to those guns, demos should be free. BUT it is going to keep me from wasting $10 for the full version. And to the OP I'll just reiterate: DON'T BUY IPHYSICS LITE. The control mechanics suck and the game is boring. Get Jellycar instead, it's a little more entertaining and is (gasp) free.

11. Aeroflux

Aeroflux Active Member

Sep 9, 2008
    - If you remember and liked Scorched Earth, iShoot is a very fun diversion.

- Aurora Feint is still one of the best free puzzle/block games out.

- Tap Tap is also a great free game in the style of Guitar Hero.

- If you like Flight Sims X-Plane is a great tech demo of what is possible with the iPhone, but lacks the substance and depth of a PC sim.

- Toy Bot is a good platformer.

- Chopper is a must have side scrolling shooter.

- Bubble Bash is a decent clone of Bubble Bobble.

The rest of the games are already mentioned.

12. Sammy1995

Sammy1995 Active Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Definatley get De Blob and Monkeyball - I love them both. I've heard good things about both Fieldrunners and Asphalt. I'd definatley avoid iGotchi.

13. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    #13 Hannes, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
    Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

I will not buy iPhysiks and De Blob
    I have get Asterope, Trace and Jellycar for free.

Is Galcon good? And for Tower Defence I would buy Fieldrunners.
    And what is with Texas Hold'em?

And what should I do now? Sammy said I should buy De Blob and Super Monkey Ball and Armbruster said I shouldn't buy :D

I don't like flight sims, so I will not buy X-Plane

14. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

#14 Oliver, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
    The multiplayer Galcon is very very good.

I also like SMB, but it's really hard. Makes fun though ;)

15. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Reign of swords is on a Halloween sale - should I buy it?

16. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    What do you like...

It would be helpful if you told us the types of games you like.

I love Reign of Swords, but you have to like that type of game to really enjoy it. In fact, most players will like or dislike a game simply based of whether or not they enjoy that genre/style of game.

You've got so many people here who love many different types of games. Tell us exactly what types of games you like and you'll get some good answers.

As for me... my fav games right now are: Fieldrunners, Besigement, Wurdle, MineHunt 3D, Trace, Hidden expedition: Everest, and Jewel Quest. I played Virt Villagers for a while, but now that I've unlocked everything there's not much point to it. I like where AutoMangler is going and think that it's getting closer to a "Must Buy". Lux Touch is nice if you like "risk" games.

I love a lot of different styles and love that the games are so cheap... so I buy a lot of them. I even just bought "Under Pressure Football" though I'm not sure why...

Enjoy the Touch... You'll have a blast... and Happy Birthday!

17. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    They said that game was marked down when it came out and they were going to raise the price. Oops.

Anyways, yes, you should buy it.

You should buy, then post in this thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=854
    it's inevitable.

18. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    You can try the Lite version which doesn't have the multiplayer, but shows you the gameplay. I've played the Lite version and liked it. :)

Based on suggestions here, I also haven't bought De Blob. People are saying that you just bump into walls and by doing that, you give walls a color. I may be wrong because I never played it, but it doesn't sound like there's a lot of fun in it. (Of course the concept may be great and creative, and it may look cool, but if I purchase a game I'm looking for more).

I did purchase Super Monkey Ball, and I'm happy with it. Yes, the controls are very sensitive and that makes it challenging to progress, but in my opinion it's not TOO hard. I'm currently playing in the 4th world (out of 5 worlds, all worlds have 20 levels + 2 unlockables). Some of the levels are VERY hard and I can easily lose 15 lives in one level, which makes it hard to finish the other 9 levels. (You've got 5 lives and when you lose them, you can "Continue" 4 or 5 times before you're REALLY game over)
    The unlockables are too hard I think, I unlocked the extra level in the first set of levels, but after that, the unlockables get impossible in my opinion.

Super Monkey Ball is expensive enough (I always think: Super Monkey Ball is $9.99, but for that money you can also get 10 games of $0.99) but it does offer you a lot of challenge. The controls take some getting used to, give it a day and try to get past level 10. Then you'll get to master the controls (at least that's when I learned how to make nice curves etc.)

So I'd say - get Super Monkey Ball if you've got some money to spend, but don't get De Blob.

If you've purchased these games you've talked about and that other people recommended, you'll already have a nice list of games to play. These should keep you occupied for a while!! When they start to bore you, you can always look for more games. Keep an eye on some review websites for newly released games, and keep an eye on price drops. ;)

(p.s. If you like puzzle games, look for some reviews/articles on Enigmo and Subway Shuffle. I like those a lot. :cool: )

19. Hannes

Hannes Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Ok. Super monkey ball is one of the games who is for me a part of the iPod touch. So I would buy it if the price do anytime drop. For 7,99€ it's too expensive.

But Asphalt 4 I will buy, because it is the best racing game for the iPod. And I wouldn't wait to NFS: Undercover.

Fieldrunners I would buy because it look funny.
    And Virtual Villagers is a must-buy for me, and this have Armbruster confirms.

But have anyone here test the game Texas Hold'em from apple?
    I think it's the best pokergame for the iPod touch. Isn't it?

And the game Spore Origins is very bad, right? Because the free version didn't exist in the Austrian Store.

20. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I actually enjoyed monkey ball when I got it; yes it takes a while to get used to but if you have steady hands its not horrible at all. I completed the entire game and still play it every once in a while. So I suppose its up to you. Best thing to do it find a friend who has it and try it. lol