Universal Mushroom 11 (by Untame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  2. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    A common theme in the Steam reviews is that, at a certain point, this becomes more based on the random generation of the blob, not skill. That sounds kind of suckyish.

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I've got to say after only playing chapter one I'm already finding it to be more a case of trial and error rather than skill. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I haven't got the knack of the controls but I really wanted to love this and so fa at least it's really not clicking. The boss at the end of the chapter did my head in and I nearly gave up.
    I will give chapter 2 a go later but at the moment it's not doing it for me.

4. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Hmm...I didn't have too much of a problem with the first boss. Part of the puzzle is figuring out how to control your blob (to a degree) and use it to get through your environment.
    Once I got the idea of "hooking" to get to higher areas, everything got much easier

Then again, I JUST beat the first boss, so I have no idea what kind of frustration awaits me. #

5. It doesn't "become" that after a certain point -- there are some pretty unforgiving puzzles that seemed a little overboard and unfair, but it doesn't get to a point where every single puzzle feels like that. Maybe my review (http://www.appunwrapper.com/2017/03/09/mushroom-11-ios-review/)will help those on the fence, either way? (Keep in mind, I've given up early on games like BADLAND 2 but stuck it through to the end with this one.)

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Forcing me to play a stupid puzzle (somewhere in lvl3) over and over again, because the next one is a hit or miss and the game doesn't save right before it, it IS frustrating as hell!
    I can't see myself playing in very long sessions because certain puzzles aren't in my control at all; it's too much luck involved, and too much of a helpless feeling because of it IMO.
    Other than this -- it's no different than the original, and the word "frustration" is the common complaint on steam, so I wasn't expecting anything else.

Anyway, because of this abundance of premium ports lately, it's really a nice time to be a mobile gamer.

7. Bug-butcher

Bug-butcher Member

Jan 12, 2017
    nice new game Release
    soundtrack is a plus
    Full game no Ads , No In -App plus
    Similar like the Badland Games
    not so easy at all

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It wasn't so much a problem in that I was dying or anything just frustration at not being able to get higher up, which reading your comment might mean it's because I just haven't got the knack of the controls yet......

9. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Nice Game
    unique gameplay
    No Ads
    No In-App purchases
    Those who love Badland 1/2 would love this one as well, price is fair when there is no in app Purchaes no extra costs

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Uggghhhh. Does it really have pixel graphics? With retina resolution, why, oh why does everything have to be blocky?

Are we subconsciously longing for the 80s when we didn't have anything better?

11. It's not blocky. Look at the screenshots. If they are pixel graphics, there's too many pixels for me to notice.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks. Reacting to the post. It looks nice on screen shot, but sometimes descriptions are more accurate.

13. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
  14. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #34 mzinn, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Sure wish I could rotate my iPad so the home button is on left & headphone jack upper right.

Just getting started but enjoying this one for sure.