Mushihimesama Bug Panic - by CAVE (Releases Nov 18)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Definitely getting this one. And early, considering Cave games never seem to go on sale. I regret not picking up Espgaluda II, but hesitate at the 8.99 pricetag. Maybe I'll get a gift certificate or something for Christmas.

2. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Female heroines in videogames are not new at all. In fact this character reminds me of Athena from the old sidescroller, Psycho Soldier (SNK, 1986).

3. Xcrypt0

Xcrypt0 Member

Nov 10, 2010
    #23 Xcrypt0, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010

Not really RPG elements, no levelling up. There might be one fact. Some mobs drop a bottle of explosive juice. If you collect 10 you can drop a stronger bomb. But that's the only thing that comes a a little closer to the RPG genre :D Still it's not an RPG :D Totally not :D

There's also one secret in the game wich has to do with collecting, so that also brings a little bit of rpg flavour into the game. But I don't want to spoil your fun so can't tell you what the secret is.

4. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    jep, lite version would have been useful for some. thanks cave

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    A lite version is already confirmed. Usually within a week or two of the full game's release.

6. theunis

theunis Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey Chocolate, I know what you saying, I meant for the iPhone, I only know of Abigale, Tehra Dark War, Rimelands and Princess Fury - I'm sure there are more, but I like that they used a girl character, it somehow suits the coloring and fun idea of the game(from what I have seen:D). And somehow when it is a girl hero, I feel bad when I die (aka get them killed) - does anyone else feel like that ? Like tomb raider I always felt so crap when I ramped my jetski and she flew off the cliff, but when it was Resident Evil and I chose Leon if he died I didn't care much - thats why I always choose Jill or Claire :)

Cave usually does release the Lite version, but it comes out quite awhile after the actual game, in previous cases - I hope Boardumb is right cause I think many people may be a bit hesitant to buy the game. Unfortunately the release sale of 2.99 may be over by then :/

7. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    the intro sale is of course over by the realse of the lite, this is marketingstuff and I hate it.

8. theunis

Oct 27, 2010
    Hey Xcrypt0, you seem to have a lot of experience with the game lol - im jealous :D anyways how long is the game ? The previous Cave games are super fun, but well the endless continues and short campaign, turned it more into a high score race :) is this one different ? Please say yes :D

I agree, please dont tell the secret, its really cool that they added stuff like that, it adds replay value :)

I wonder if it is such a good idea when it seems that so many other games are pushing to release around this time, and early December in general :/

9. Xcrypt0

Xcrypt0 Member

Nov 10, 2010
    There are 5 worlds consisting out of 5 levels each with their own endboss, however the game is rather difficult. So you won't play through each level in just a couple of hours :D

For people who are interested, the Dutch review can be found here (Non Dutch-speakers you can use google translate):
    http://www.4gamers.be/nieuws/823/1/iPhone-Mushihimesama-Bug-Panic

10. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    any chance cave will integrate GameCenter also? Since they use openfeint, its just a small step to gc integration... would be cool

11. Xcrypt0

Xcrypt0 Member

Nov 10, 2010
    The game is fully integrated with GameCenter ;)

Openfeint is gone btw (Atleast it is in the preview version)

12. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    cool, you know that? awesome.
    how many achievements are in there?
    AND how much space will the game eat? is it also an ridiculious biggie like DDP (650+MB)??? under 100MB would be fine. thanks, mate!

13. Xcrypt0

Xcrypt0 Member

Nov 10, 2010
    the game is 218,1MB

and there are 38 achievements

14. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    thank you man! I have to think about this, 220MB means I have to delete some stuff, but what? :D

15. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    $3.99 price. Thats pretty nice

16. japtor

japtor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yep, they already announced GC support a few days back.

edit-oops, missed this page before replying.
    Awesome, wish they'd do the same for the other games.

17. ipod_david

May 3, 2010
    do you think dodonpachi could get GC addition also?

18. Xcrypt0

Xcrypt0 Member

Nov 10, 2010
    no Idea, I will try to figure out from CAVE if they will ever provide their games with updates when I have contact with them the next time.

19. theunis

Oct 27, 2010
    Xcrypt0, honestly man I think you have single handedly help promote this game, your feedback is quick and super helpfuland you have helped answer everyone's questions., and made me want this game even more - Damn You :D

Your review was very good and useful, not merely an advert as many reviews now seem, which i liked. All in all just want to say thanks man and I'm so excited for this game tomorrow WOOOO :D

ipod_david thanks man it sounds as if the developers are excited as us:)