Universal Murder in the Hotel Lisbon (by Nerd Monkeys)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    So close to finishing the game too!!! Each time I go through the final questions/answers the game just crashes when the "Cracked" sign goes up.
    Why do you think the devs won't update it?

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Well, I've seen their "fund me" campaign, it was started like last year and they have raised about $75. The game has barely any hits on steam, hardly any YouTube videos, and the appstore has 1 review.

3. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Oh crap. I hate it when devs leave their games up on the store knowing very well it's buggy and crashes. I understand they need money but this is plain stealing tbh...
    Oh well it's also my fault for always upgrading to the latest OS the same day it's released.
    As far as I'm concerned I can't finish the game and it's gonna stay installed on my iPad for now. Here's hoping the dev will update the version sooner or later ://
    Thanks for the heads up though!

4. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Send them an email about the bug, they probably don't know about the crashes.

5. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Seems like they are pretty active on Facebook (they posted stuff yesterday). So I sent them a message directly there. I'll let you know when/if they answer me.

6. F-Pina

F-Pina New Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Videogames
    Portugal
    Bugs and crashes

Hi everyone.
    First of all, thank you for the nice comments, it fills my heart to see so much love for old-school pixel art adventures. I am the guy responsible for this game and co-owner of Nerd Monkeys.

I got here from Mazer Zg who left a message on our Facebook page. Thanks!

I am truly sorry that the game has such a nasty bug on the double interview for iPad Mini users. We played this on several devices including an iPad2 and it ran fine all the way to the end with all sidequests and multiple choices done. This must be related specifically to either iPad Mini or the most recent versions of iOS8.

We don't have that much money to go out and buy an iPad Mini just to test this specific bug so I ask if everyone who is in here and played the game on an iPad can let me know what was the version of the iOS you had when it crashed and what was the device.
    We will try to update this as fast as possible as soon as we get the bug tracked down.

Again, I am so sorry about this. I hate it when this happens as it takes you out of the experience and you get back in you are not thinking about the story or characters but either if the game will crash or not :(

Thank you again.

7. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    OK just tried the game again on my iPad Mini after upgrading to 8.3 and can confirm there wasn't any crash anymore. I completed the game and saw credits without any problem.

8. Kaje85

Kaje85 Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    $39.99!?

Hell no.

9. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Hahaha!!! I thought the same thing.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I hope they get the sales they need to help out. I can't afford it at this price. I'm bummed I hadn't picked it up. I must have gotten the robot app instead of this. Hopefully, this was a typo and it was supposed to be $3.99??

11. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Or it's the start of the $40 games on iOS. ;)
    I'm glad that I got it for 3 Bucks.

12. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    This is more of the "let's raise the price to an insane amount and then do a price drop to get attention" business move. The App Store is strange.

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Wow it’s 40$..
    If it’s 10$ his would be instabuy for me

14. Kaje85

Kaje85 Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    It has to be a typo, as nobody in their right minds would pay $39.99 for an iOS game.

Even the full version of XCOM was far less!

15. Kaje85

Kaje85 Active Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Hurry up and sort your pricing out! I'm waiting to buy it, and I'm sure your sales are taking a huge hit in the meantime!

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Wtf lol.. Publicity stunt eh.. It's working I guess.. I own the game, it's cool but not 40 bucks cool.. ###

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game looks amazing