"Mummy's Revenge" Gameplay Video (Check it Out)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jbmoney13, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 jbmoney13, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
    Thats what I love about this forum, such creativity. Although some of the things you mentioned are quite difficult to implement for the current version, A future update will involve different gameplay strategies as you mentioned to keep the game more interesting and add a higher replay value.

Right now we need to finalize the weapon choices so help me with some weapons guys. Heres what we have on our list, i can only have 4 more for the 1.5 update:

Stun Grenades
    Flamethrower
    Machete (Melee attack)
    Cross Bow
    Laser Beam
    Gatling Gun
    Double Magnums (with the ability to shoot in both directions at the same time, arms spread apart)
    Double Shotguns
    Automatic Shotgun

I look forward to your responses.

2. LOL

:D I was inspired by a great artist, you might now him, I think his last name is Jones or something. Hope he didn't have the copyright on "How to Play" screens with arrows pointing and describing buttons. Oops wait a minute, maybe APPLE already owns that patent.

LOL, thanks Kris.

3. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    From the video,the gameplay is exactly the same of zombieville.
    Just with mummies and pyramid instead of zombies and house.
    The only addition is the granade.
    I don't see any reason to buy this one as I've already zombieville,but I'm pretty sure that casual gamers will bring it into the app store top 20.

4. Don't forget some other differences:

Graphics & Animation (amazing details, like the backpack bouncing, and the kickback from shooting the weapons, thats just too cool)
    Controls
    Weapon system
    Sound FX
    Music

But I respect you're decision, and I hope you are right about the Top 20. It would be an honor and a privilege.:D

5. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    maybe you should have copied zombievilles control scheme as well.

apart from that...well why should anyone prefer this over the mentioned game? give us some justified reasons apart from "new guns and pseudo 3d-bling"

and i don't really consider a bouncing backpack as "amazing" but maybe i'm just a nitpicker.

6. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    my vote goes for: crossbow, stun grenades, double mags, and of course flamethrower

7. Vinny554

Vinny554 Well-Known Member

No machine guns? Or are they already in the game....

Anyway. Out of these I personally would want to see:
    Laser Beam,
    Double Shotguns,
    Automatic Shotgun,
    And Flamethrower.

I also would want the machete, but these win :) Good luck

8. Vinny554

OH! 1 quick question buddy. How many weapons are in the game total before the update kicks in?

9. 5 weapons currently and with the update (already being finished up) there will be 9.

My goal is to add a new weapon every update. The next update 1.5 will get a major boost in weapons, simply because I've been playing the game for 1 month now and i really want a ton of weapons. I'm a gamer too, I want the game to have all sorts of cool stuff, there have been some great suggestions and I wouldn't mind putting up a poll after the initial release (any day now) to see which weapons are wanted the most.

Thanks for the questions. I appreciate everyones input good or bad, I know I can't please everyone, but most people see that I am trying to make a high quality game and that I am dedicated to keeping the game exciting by listening to all of you and updating accordingly. I am the Peoples Developer, the way all developers should be. :D

10. Vinny554

#30 Vinny554, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
    You're the type of developer every developer should be. I'm really glad you not only want to make your games more of value, but actually listen to the customer. Wheter or not your game is great or sucks, I'm still going to get it because there is a trustworthy developer on my side.

Also, with weapons I know what the public likes. Add any of these kinds of things and for sure you'll have more of an audience:
    1. Machine guns! - Like Assault Rifles (M4s, M16s) and Subs (Mp5 P90) They'll love that
    2. Power ups - Like a mega bomb thing or metoer strike. Or temporary invincibilitty.
    3. Perks - enough said...
    4. More game modes - Everyone loves survival, but if added more, this game would be great. A good example would be iDracula. Do something like that.
    And last:
    5. A campaign - I personally don't care much, but it would give players more of a reason to keep playing....along with survival when they're done.

That stuff is golden for this game's success. I know you'll do a great job :)

And one more thing. For sure, your game will be released today or tomorrow. I waited for this one game that was submitted May 19 or 20th. It came out yesterday. So Mummy should be released late today-early monday at the lastest.

EDIT: Ok....maybe it is monday :)

11. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this but shouldn't it be "Joe's Adventure In Mummy's Revenge" or "Joe Adventures In Mummy's Revenge"? First screenshot on front page.

12. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #32 salsamd, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
    A few more things;

1. Joe should make some sound of anguish when injured.

2. As you build the # of monsters, some requiring more shots to kill, others should perhaps only be killed by certain weapons, eg a silver cross bow or silver sword for some kind of vampire creature. To this extent, it would make the game a little more challenging and continuous in flow if when one taps on the side/top of the screen a translucent panel of ones weapons appeared from which one could rapidly change a weapon. This way one would be forced to think quickly and change weapons while fighting enemies on higher levels. As it stands, one effectively gets rest time when changing weapons. Yes, this might create more chance of getting injured, but with healing balm pick ups in the temples, one could rectify this.

3. When Joe is shooting from within the temples/pyramids it would be nice to see his eyes and weapon, rather than just darkness.

4. I have often wondered with these games, where is the "store" from which one is buying weapons??? It would be nice if this were integrated into the gameplay, such that one had to find a merchant along the way from whom to buy guns.

13. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hopefully this game is coming out today... Im looking forward to it.

14. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    not a game i would buy. i think zombieville is better than this one.

15. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    you know this how...?

16. yournothere

Feb 7, 2009
    i dont....its just an early opinion......

17. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    While I have been quite impressed with what MikaMobile accomplished with Zombieville, both in gameplay and graphics, it would still be interested to test out another game that is along the same line.

18. yournothere

Feb 7, 2009
    i would of course get this game if the reviews are good. Im not saying its a bad game or anything. It could even get to the top. No on knows.

19. I was considering branding Joe adventure right away, but we thought that the Mummy aspect would get lost, so I figured that Joe adventure would have his next game be self titled. People will know his name by then. :)

20. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I would like to see more interesting enemies. Perhaps one that can jump, rise from the ground or drop from the sky. Something to mix it up and keep you on your toes.

The game looks good though. Props to your artist(s).