iPad Multiplayer games recommendations needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ahiru, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    hello, i got 3 devices (an iphone and 2 ipods) and i want to play some games with friends in our closed wifi network.

i already got texas hold'em and crossbones (that i know 3 players can play on different devices)

are there any other games that handle 3 players? most racing games support head-to-head only. any suggestion is appreciated!:)

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well, some of my favorites are Wave Blazer, Quick Draw and Galcon, but those are all online play, so you can play them wherever you are. I think Galcon and WB can take up to four players, but Quick Draw can take several (if you like pictionary, definitely get QD. I play it at least once a day for about 25 minutes or so. It's very entertaining especially playing against others).

I'm not sure about any games that use local wifi connection that will allow more than two players.

Hopefully that still helps you out :)

3. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    thanks! i forgot about galcon, we got that as well!

gonna check that quick draw and wave blazer, thanks for the tip.

4. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    raging thunder also has pretty much the same multiplayer as wave blazer.

5. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    so, since raging thunder/wave blazer are both developed by polarbit i will assume their multiplayer options are the same (right?)

i read they have online multiplayer - but is it possible to play more than 2 persons in the same match? does it have to be online only?

6. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    uno is a fun game
    4 people can play at once

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I'm pretty sure they both have the same online feature. You can have up to four people join a room that you create on the server. Yes, it's online only, but it doesn't matter. You can use online at your house or anywhere. With wifi, you can only play where you have the connection, so you'd need your friends all in the same area as you to play. If you're playing online, they could be on different parts of the world and it'd still work.

8. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #8 Zincous, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
    +1 for quick draw.
    It is a lot of fun, you can see some people from here playing that game a lot ;)

And Warfare inc. will have 2-4 multiplayer available soon. It is currently in beta testing. Keep that in mind.
    This game is a lot of fun and multiplayer is too for this game ;)

If you like word games, scramboni is a multiplaying game online.

9. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Monopoly is a very good one. Supports up to 4 players, and you can turn the players into computer if you want. The game automatically turns disconnected players into computers until they reconnect. It also supports saving the progress of your games.

10. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

tap tap revenge, scrabble, adrenaline pool, ace tennis, and some Gameloft games have multiplayer( real soccer, asphalt)

11. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    thanks for the tips guys.

regarding scrabble, tap tap, gamelofts's (asphalt 4 says "Race against your friends over Wi-Fi...") are head-to-head ONLY (2 players), kind of disappointing...

what we need are good 3 player games (at least), and i'm considering quick draw and polarbit's (are they versus only or +2 players? - talking about raging thunder/wave blazer).

uno and monopoly were in my mind already, gonna check on them too!