Universal MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL (by Riverman Media LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #61 Montanx, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Maybe it's better marketing to not name your game by having a cat walk across the keyboard?

"Hey whats that cool game you said I should get?"

"Um, mash..somethin."

"Oh, ok, nvm I'll just spend another hundred on clash of candy birds instead."

2. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Someone hasn't read the app description.

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    "Um, that game with the wierd name I can't pronounce the name but it's soooooooooooooooo freakin good It's on the AppStore you'll know it but it's wierd name"..:D I guess it's better to have a wierd name that might grab your attention than having a name that sounds like everything else lol

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Works like a charm with MFi. Fantastic game too.

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't been buying many games lately, picked this up though just based on The devs pedigree. Can't wait to get home and fire this bad boy up!

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Love the game... but holy crap I'm terrible at it! When I have more than one ball show up, I just fall apart. I think I'm getting too old, my brain can't work that fast lol. Every time I die, I just have to hit restart & kill one more cosmic sea turtle! Seriously though, this is a great game.

7. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Not sure about this game. Videos look sluggish and seems like it will get boring quickly. Is there an endless mode coming?

8. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm really enjoying the game but my thumbs hurt.

9. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Sumerian, right? I figure the name of the game loosely translates to 'very great constellation Gemini'?

10. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Yes! Was waiting for someone to do some googling. It is named after the Sumerian word for Gemini, the twin stars, because of the twin paddles.

11. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    What a killer game! It's really fun the upgrading and unlocking paddles are the key!

One thing that's killed me several times is the explosion... after the explosion when there's multi hits, it's hard to see where the ball is at and heading that's not really fair where the explosion is hiding where the ball is traveling to or bounce off of! Besides that, it's super polished and fun game to play with 1 or 2 players!

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sold...I mean, bought

13. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #73 Tulki, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    It's the usual ridiculous concept game you'd expect from these guys. Really good stuff, almost missed my stop playing it. To the person who said it before, it's definitely not slow-paced. It takes a lot of focus to actually keep on top of things while aiming shots.

Something the game needs is a way to suspend a run though. Currently, if the game gets knocked out of memory you lose your current run and there's no way as far as I can tell to suspend it and pick up later.

Also... the name must be hell to market. I'll leave an app store review to help out but man... how do you market a game you can't... quite even pronounce?

14. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    That's a good idea for sure, I'll talk to my brother (the programmer) about it!

15. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    With a name like this, do they want us to call it "that pong remake"?

16. You're not alone. Farthest I've gotten was dying on the last enemy of stage 1-2 (that was after changing the controls to SWIPE -- helped a lot). I'm not enjoying playing stage 1 over and over just to die on 2. I wish there was a mode that kept each stage separate so I can work on beating one, then move on to the next. Then endless mode once you've mastered everything.

17. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I like the cut of the devs jib (The Executive was awesome), I hit buy without hesitation.

OK, a bit of hesitation to enjoy the trailer first.

18. chumpop

chumpop Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Loving everything about it... awesome graphics, whalesongs throughout... but dang, it sure does heat up my phone! Usually by level 2-1, my hands are burnin'...

On the other hand, my phone is about a year old... dunno if that would make much difference, though...

19. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    @jacob will do, thanks!