Universal MUJO (by Oink Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    I really like this game.

The puzzle mechanic is good, something new. Liking the quandary.

The music/SFX are a little off, IMO. I imagine something more, well, mythical. It's professional work, just a little strange to me.

Right now I don't see myself playing this forever. Mainly due to content. If you had updates, involving different pantheons of gods (Japanese, Norse, Egyptian, Native American), I think I could play this for a year nonstop.

Right now it's fun, but kind of culturally narrow...

Last thing: does MUJO require an internet connection? I think if so that's a little weird. Was this coded in HTML 5?

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Culturally narrow? Seems a harsh criticism of a game based on Greek mythology in a genre dominated by Candy Crush Saga and Bejewelled.

3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Games that have no ending are desined to be grinders and to suck money out of players via IAPs.

4. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer

Rampage was never ending game and that didn't ask for money...... Then again IAP where not around then. :p

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    After getting deeper into the game, I have to agree somewhat with folks about the greed level here. The limited resource in the game is the lightning bolts which trigger the gods' special powers. It looks like the game rewards you 5 lightning a day with the only way to get more via IAP. In early levels, you won't need to use any special powers but that changes as you go to later levels. You can see where this is going.

If the game was free (and I suspect it will be soon), the meager rate at which you are awarded lightning would be understandable.

I still like the game, but I'm will probably quit playing it soon as it has become too much of a struggle to progress without spending more money on it.

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Is Rampage an iOS game?

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this. I've played quite a lot - I'm through to stage 26, which may not sound like a lot but the later levels take a lot longer

It took me a bit longer to understand the mechanics than I would have liked. In particular, it took me ages to realise that each colour of non-sword tile levelled up a different god, abd that stacking them lets you level up the gods much faster. I really like the trade off between trying to build larger stacks of the other colours and riskimg a more fragmented board which causes you to lose an attack.

I haven't found the IAP onerous. I've only used one putside my daily allowance of 5 lightning and I currently have 99 spare, so don't see that changing.

I also disagree that you "can't lose". There's no explicit Game Over screen, admittedly, but when you can't match a 40,000+ attack and it's blown up or disappears off the top of the screen, it feels an awful lot like losing.

I do wish some of the god descriptions were better though. The description of Hermes' power is one of the most nonsensical sentences I've ever read and I have no idea what it does.

8. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Why does a game like this require MANDATORY online access each time the game is started? Why can't this be done entirely offline if I am not interested in GC or online features? Developer, please explain.

9. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    crap - i missed the sale :( hope there's another one soon or i'll have to buy it full price, it looks cool

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This could have been a nice little gem but IAP and always online requirement totally kills this for me.
    What a shame.

11. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    #32 Drummerboycroy, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Just picked this one up, and after losing all my progress three times, I'm left wondering, is that normal behavior?

DBC

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game has changed since I had installed it back at its release. If there are 53 stages, what happens after completing them all?
    I thought this was an endless game...