Universal Muffin Knight (By Angry Mob Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Sep 1, 2011.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Strange, I also have an iPod Touch 2G and haven't had any issues at all. Runs very smooth. Have you rebooted maybe?

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    When I first played the game on a 2G, it froze for literally a second every time I picked up a muffin, which just wasn't going to be playable. Since rebooting, that delay has vanished, but the game still hitches slightly and the controls become less responsive when there are a lot of enemies onscreen, more so on the second map than the first.

3. daviddgreenee

daviddgreenee Active Member

Aug 24, 2011
    downloading <33333

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #64 arta, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
    This has started happening to me today as well, I have an iPod Touch 4G. I closed all apps and restarted the device as well. I'm going to try deleting it and reinstalling it after I beat the last boss.

Edit! Just beat him! I used the pit respawn trick. The game then gave me a choice to stay a knight or return to my old form. I chose old form and the game ended. Nothing happened. Gonna beat it again and try the other choice.

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Agree with all of these. The dragon is terrible and that bull takes so long to unlock and when you do you expect it to knock enemies and send them flying, but nah it sucks. Plus by the time you charge it up you're close to beating the stage anyway.

Best creatures are the Unicorn, Mr Rainbow, Bird, Zombie, Cyclops, Ninja Kitty and Monkey. The Frog is medium with the Grizzly below it. Knight, Mage, Archer and Gnome are in the lowest tier (cause they do little damage it's almost not worth the effort, even when upgraded) with the baby Dragon and Bull as dead last.

All of the perks are good, although I've surprisingly found the time slowdown to be least useful. You've just got to know the stage properly. Monster Hopper is good for narrow areas with plenty of congestion around ledges. Double Jump is good for areas where you want to jump across wide gaps quick or jump up past ledges. Pit Respawn is awesome for the Castle and Lava stage. Learn where the respawn area and the surroundings. If you get trapped, near the bottom, just go down near the pit and look near the top to see the position of enemies near the top, wait till you get some space the jump in the pit and respawn. You have a second of invincibility so use it to jump in the proper direction. The Castle spawns you on the ledge directly above you. The Lava level spawns you at the 2nd highest ledge right where the muffin spawn, so time the enemies by watching the indicators then jump in the pit, then immediately jump to your right to avoid any enemies you might have mistimed.

6. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I haven't had any lag on iPhone 4 and I have not restarted my device either.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, I haven't had any slowdown or lag at all on my 4th gen touch either... no restarting and even with a full multitasking bar... the game plays extremely smooth... =o/

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not sure if I'm just imagining things. I saved up some of my points to get an "extra life" to help with my general lack of abilities in this game. But it seems like there's a lot more monsters after I got it so I'm not doing any better :(

Anyone else experience this after buying an extra life?

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Getting an extra life was one of the first things I did... but I didn't notice a change in the amount of enemies after I got it... =o/

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    ^^Probably just me making excuses for why I suck.

Also, now that I'm getting up there in levels (L39) with more enemies, I also have noticed a bit of slowdown.

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Even with an extra life you still have to be careful. You have to be familiar with the stage, so to time enemy patterns and to know the direction to reflexively jump to. It is going to be harder at first without perks than with them because the perks get you comfortable to the game's pacing, but you'll get the hang of it.

Perks are only two points so you should be given Monster Hopper at first, so whenever you're a middle ledge with enemies pouring from atop on either side, you can safely wait in the middle till they get closer then safely jump on the last or 2nd to last enemy in the line.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks. I just started using my points towards perks and they are helpful. Only have Monster Hopper and the Double Jump so far. Finding the Double Jump more useful for now.

13. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Muffin Knight made Pocketgamer's top 5 new games this week.
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Five+Stars/feature.asp?c=33050

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    This game plays great on my iPad 2. What a steal for 99 cents with more features and content to come!

15. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
  16. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    If you like those two you'll like the final perk.

You can equip two perks at the same time.

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    good luck getting a nice place in the Game Of The Week here on TA... I voted for ya! =oD

18. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  19. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Nice game for 99 cents, but it lasted about 99 seconds on my iPad.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Multiformat/Muffin+Knight/review.asp?c=33080

[​IMG]

http://ifanzine.com/muffin-knight-review
    4/5

http://www.#############.co.uk/muffinknightreview.htm
    5/5