Universal Muffie the Maze Jumper (by MongaPop) [Level Editor WIP] ( ° °)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mongapop, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Mongapop

Mongapop Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2014
    I suspect the only feasible scenario would be the slider one. It's not just two levels. The horizontal speed is directly related to the tilt angle. I'll make some tests as soon as I have some free time.

Just a quick question: to Exact-Psiece & H4nd0fg0d: Have you guys tried the game with current tilt controls? Do you guys think it will be playable with the slider?

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, I have and they are without question good tilt controls. Touch is just a personal preference for me, have never been a fan of tilt no matter how good. Thanx

3. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    I think the tilt controls are well done too. I just like the precision of touch controls. It also seems a little harder to tilt a 6s plus too. :) Maybe have both so you can do them together if you want. Don't know how hard that would be for development. Might too complicated for the user.

4. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Kno exactly what you mean I'm on 6s+ also.

5. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    It's not too complicated.
    I suppose what are you guys talking about would be something like this:
    -1------------------0------------------+1
    If you don't touch the slider, 1 will be assumed, which means no horizontal movement. If you touch on -1 (or slide to that point) will result in the equivalent of a 90 degree tilt left. +1 in 90 degree tilt right.

Those can be easily implemented with touch begin, touch moved and touch ended.

And, those can be implemented in parallel, without touching current controls.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Separate them in options. No way one can play lying down on the bed on his side with tilt interfering with touch commands.

7. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Ok, check this out:

Still playable with one thumb... at least...

8. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Ok, that seems pretty good. What about playing exactly the same but with 2 thumbs accomplishing the same result by touching and holding left side for your -1 and right side touch and hold for the +1. Left touch = left tilt and right touch = right tilt. You get the idea. I think 2 thumb touch would be a lot easier to control. No?

9. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Ill do some tests tonight.
    ~200 only free d/l yesterday reduced my desire to implement some changes a little bit! :|

I suppose it's really impossible to get some real reviews these days. Only tons of automatic bots crawling the web and restructuring app store information in a different format.

From Game Center, I can see that quite a lot of people were able to beat level 1, but just a couple beated level 2: Motumbex.

Do you guys think it's too hard?

10. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Well, I decided to put the project on hold.
    For me, creating those apps is just like doing crosswords. There's not too much fun in adapting the original idea.
    Plus, the engine Im using is very old. Me and a friend share this framework which is based on Apple's original 2008 SDK Texture2D. Almost pure OpenGL-ES.

Most probably next games will be created for the new Apple TV, based on SpriteKIT Objective C. Not SWIFT! That would be too much! :)

All the Best,

11. Loving the game! Can't wait to see it at the new Apple TV!
    :)

12. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    It's showing $2.29 for me... I thought this was supposed to be 100% free with no IAP and no ads?

13. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Doing some tests right now.
    Send me an email to [email protected] if you want a free code.

14. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    free code sent to Dominic.
    More available if someone else is still interested.

Just leave a reply here asking for it.

15. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I'd love one, if you're offering. TIA

16. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Sure a code would be great. Thanks!

17. Me too! What do I need to do?
    Sent you a PM
    Already replied here
    and rated this thread as 5 stars! :)

18. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Great graphics. It may just be me, but something feels a little off about the bouncing and/or tilting. I think it feels a little imprecise. When you try to jump under a low block or are trying to jump to a far off block, it almost seems like you have to be a little lucky with your tilting matching up with the perfect height of your jump. I think giving a little control over the jumping could help. I get not wanting to change it from being a tilt game, but maybe make it to where you can fall faster when you touch the screen or stop bouncing when you touch and hold the screen.

19. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    so, no more reviews?

Thank you TheGodless!

20. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah, the tilting just isn't done well enough. The game doesn't 'feel' good to play. The graphics are cool, though. I just wish a better game was built around them