Universal MudRunner Mobile (by Focus Home Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jul 15, 2020.

1. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    I asked them on Twitter about the preset graphics settings on different iOS devices, the odd DLC pricing behavior and possible future DLC's like the "american wilds" pack...they won't answer any questions just keep posting self-ads!

According to the App Store it was supposed to run even on an iPhone 5s... yet the feedback is that it's freezing while loading. The iPad 2018 is like an iPhone 7 so I don't know what my chances are... I'm just guessing from YouTube videos but if you see sky reflections in the puddles then you're on the highest setting!

2. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I play Mudrunner on an iPhone 7.
    The graphics are fine. The controls work fine.
    Unfortunately it crashes a lot. But it restarts quickly.
    But when restarting the game sometimes the last score is missing, then I have to repeat the last 2 minutes.

3. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Could you say something about the new update in a few days or so? Still crashy or maybe improved...
    Maybe a few screenshots here. I'm sure others are also interested in how this looks on a10 chipped devices. I have an ipad 6th gen...

The dev studio is dead silent...won't answer any questions.

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -sees controller support in update-

-buys all dlc to support devs-

Love it, feels so good with a controller though i would like it of the transmission was controlled by the right analog and not the left. Feels a little wierd when your steering and trying to push on the left analog to trigger the transmission and sharp swiping the analog to move through the gears. Still, fantastic feature finally here.

Thanks devs :)

5. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Anyone ever had any luck getting in contact with this publisher, Focus?
    The game is broken on an ipad air 5 with ios 15, runs in 480p in the lowest graphical setting but they refuse to answer on any channel. I tried their support site, twitter, discord...even apple, as there should be some quality control in the app store after all. I'm out of ideas. The device is strong enough in theory for the desktop version yet the watered down mobile release looks worse than it did on an ipad 2018 / iphone 7.
    The developer studio Saber admited the issue but they won't fix it on my request, only if the publisher asks it...

6. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I was
    I was
    going to buy this one eventually does it not work on newer devices?

7. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Well, I wouldn't call this "working". The publisher's attitude towards this game is just baffling. Does this look like anything that the app store pictures suggest?

Attached Files:

Chq and Alex DeLargest like this.
  8. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Yeah, it’s a shame the treatment that this port got. Did they ever even add a way to turn off the overlays when using a controller? To say nothing of the sub-Switch graphics. Could’ve been great.

9. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    I never tried playing with a controller, so I can't comment on that. I only wanted graphical improvements, which didn't happen so far. I talked to the local apple customer support twice about this, very clearly stating that keeping a now broken (this performance is not acceptable) game in the top 20 of the racing genre from a dev/publisher who is simply ignoring users is kind of bordering fraud. Nothing happens, still on sale: apple doesn't tell them to fix the game or it gets binned either. It doesn't hurt their revenue like the fortnite thing did.
    All this while grid looks exactly the same on this ipad like on my ps3.
    With the apple tagline added it puts a smile on my face...until I realize that I also own all the in game dlc content for this game. Money well spent.

Attached Files:

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  10. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    It‘s a shame. :confused:

Greetz Chris

11. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    #51 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
    Little update on this:
    A focus staff member answered a while ago on discord (in the rudest possible manner) that they no longer support the game and nothing will get fixed.
    Which means no m1/m2 ios device will ever display better visuals than what can be seen in my previous 2 posts.
    That's something useful to know before buying.
    Good news is my new 3rd gen iphone se is recognized by the game and I can finally play it with the best visuals it can offer.
    That being said I'll never give a dime to focus/saber in the future, this release was the textbook example of a cash-grab...alongside the already pulled assetto corsa mobile joke.

12. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Focus/Saber is a horrible company run by people who make Randy Pitchford seem like a good guy and you don’t have to dig very far to find out some of the many ways why I feel this way. It makes me sad that somehow Aspyr supposedly dropped the ball enough on the KOTOR remake that Disney pulled it from them and gave it to Focus/Saber.

13. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Had to look this up as I'm mainly a racing guy, I think I played a star wars game back when still had my nintendo ds :)...yup, this checks out according to wikipedia...also: aspyr is now a subsidiary of saber.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  14. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Well that sucks.