Universal MudRunner Mobile (by Focus Home Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jul 15, 2020.

1. RealisticArcadeSimulator

RealisticArcadeSimulator Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Yeah, I would have pre-ordered it as well. But I still feel like it never should've shown a free option in the first place.

Can anyone say anything about how it looks on an iPad 2018?

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I’m on the latest iPad Pro.
    I’ve played a bit more and the actual gameplay is pretty enjoyable, but it does just look absolutely bobbins which really distracts from the game, for me at least.
    When you compare it to the trailer video on the App Store I do feel I’ve been mis-sold somewhat.

Regarding the iap, The fact that it was mentioned here as being free was a factor in swinging the purchase for me but hey ho shit happens, it’s not the end of the world but I think you’re right they should just have made it clear that a pre order got the DLC for free (they’d have got one from me because I was looking forward to this).

macplash likes this.
  3. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Oh, if it doesn't look good on that, then it's pointless to buy it for this ipad. Bummer... well when Toucharcade posted the article about this it was probably true. It's been zero for the past week including this morning when I last checked.

4. EternalBliss

EternalBliss New Member

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    Is there an option to adjust the quality of the graphics?

5. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Amazing on my iPhoneX.
    Mudrunner on mobile... again, Amazing!

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Nope, options are extremely simplified, no graphics options at all.

I pre-ordered half a month ago, the DLC offered in game is not free. Bummer.

7. Bart2

Bart2 New Member

Jul 16, 2020
    How does the game save? Can you save at any point? Do you have to save manually or does it auto save?

8. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    #28 Stronsay, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Auto save at wherever you exit the game. A save point is retained for each mission that is not completed.

9. Bart2

Bart2 New Member

Jul 16, 2020
    Thank you!

10. Brummi

Brummi New Member

Jul 16, 2020
    Male
    On the navigation map I cannot see the water depth.
    Where can I see the water depth?

11. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    #31 Stronsay, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Maps show deeper water as darker shades, but from the truck view, it’s best to look for sandbars and vegetation above the surface which indicate shallow areas.

12. Brummi

Brummi New Member

Jul 16, 2020
    Male
    Thank you!

13. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Mudrunner is one of my favorite games. I finished it back and forth multiple times on hardcore, got every DLC. I’ve played on PC when it first came, but Xbox is my preferred platform for it. Bought it on Switch as well even though it doesn’t look that good and performance is also quite disappointing.

That being said, I’m not going for an iOS version. It seems heavily downgraded and looks nothing like I’d expect from a game running on latest iPad Pro. If there’s an enhanced version in the future optimized for such powerful devices I’d be more than happy to go for it, but until then it’s a hard pass for me.

14. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    I think there’s always this mobile conundrum. Low resolution and low battery use, or higher res, higher heat, higher battery drain. Which is best?
    Personally I’m ok with average looks and zero heat. It does the job adequately, but I’m fortunate also having PC Mudrunner giving me the option of better graphics. I guess it comes down to horses for courses, swings and roundabouts and all that. What does everyone else think?

15. EternalBliss

EternalBliss New Member

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    Yes, but some games have both high resolution graphics and low resolution graphics, or scalable resolutions. Some games allow players to customize the graphics; some use the graphics that the devs deemed are most suitable for a given device.

16. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I typically support quality games coming to mobile. This is not a game I know a whole lot about. Has good reviews on on other platforms. If this is a solid mobile version of that praised game then I am in. I expect differences to come to mobile.

17. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I try to support premium games but I thought this game was just plain boring when I tried it on console. But good that some people are happy about it. Just not for me.

18. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    #38 RealisticArcadeSimulator, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    So it was only free in the first couple hours? Nice!

19. RealisticArcadeSimulator

Feb 15, 2018
    Rush rally 3 has fully customizable graphics!

20. EternalBliss

EternalBliss New Member

Jul 15, 2020
    Male
    I know! It's a superb game