Universal Ms. Splosion Man (by Twisted Pixel/Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Shan82, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm on a 4S and performance/presentation is fine, better than fine actually.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh...good luck with that! :p I kept saying it would be beyond awesome upgrading from a 32 GB device to a 64 GB one, but 3 months after owning a 64 GB iPad, I'm already out of space. There's no such thing as "enough space"...it's all a matter of time. :p

3. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Anyone played on iPad mini? How's performance?

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Fixerated.

5. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Thx i was just worried cuz i saw that guys pic from an iphone4 at page 6 i think and it looks horrible. :) ty

6. twisted_pixel

twisted_pixel New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Message from the developer

Hey Everyone, hope you are all digging Ms. Splosion Man iOS. Thanks for the great comments and feedback. Feel free to drop us a line on Twitter @twisted_pixel or ask questions here. Splode on!

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Welcome to TouchArcade! :) Loving the game!

8. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Some levels have hidden separate exits. Think secondary exits in Mario. In fact that's kind of a downside to this whole map being revealed ahead of time (which is different from the Xbox version) that you can plainly see when a level has an alternate exit.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welcome to TouchArcade. :)

Just want to thank you guys...this game's just insane! Absolutely love it to death.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooo... Anyone find out if this is sposed to have iCloud support?

After what's happened with Black Dawn I'm a little scared to even start up the game on my iPad just in case it resets my iphone save...

11. I filled up my ipad 3, 64 gb in one day. Even 128 gb would be 3 days max. But, it is an improvement. Having the Gameloft Duo Joystick is killing me, trying to hold all those 2 gb games. Wish I still had Tentacles on my system, so I could play it now. Looks like the Microsoft games are all big. What icloud service is Microsoft using?

12. Hate to ask, is there anyway to add icade joystick support?

Attached Files:

13. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Don't lie, you love to ask!

14. #114 Connector, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Next time, I'm gonna have you ask first, slamman.

Actually, I am curious to see what joystick Microsoft will support in the future for their games. Gameloft is going with the Gameloft duo gamer joystick, Bulkypix uses icade joysticks, what will Microsoft and EA support? Will Microsoft come out with their own wireless bluetooth joystick? Will we ever be able to use xbox controllers on ios? I would buy 2 instantly. I for one am very curious. In one year, we shall see which joystick rules ios.

Attached, picture of Gamelofts duo gamer joystick and icade core joystick.

Attached Files:

15. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Sorry not my thing.... Read the comments and on the strength of everyone raving about it I purchased, but... Find the character childish and annoying and the gameplay too simplistic and boring for my tastes.

I would recommend watching videos of the gameplay on YouTube first before buying...

16. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Simplistic? This game gets incredibly complex, don't be fooled just because the only input is to splode. Childish? I can agree that in the wrong mindset her constant pop culture references and the teasing of girl stereotypes can be grating, but the viewpoint of childish surprises me greatly. I'm curious as to what you think the game needs to match up to your complexity and maturity desires? And what games are you playing that manage to reach these desires?

17. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Can anyone comment on how this runs on an iPad 2? Frame rate and responsiveness are the most important issues here.

18. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Very enjoyable experience on the iPad 4, they seem to have done a great job on the port. Two thumbs up.

The only quibble I have is that the game often doesn't seem to register my explosions when on the zip line, so I either just go off the end or a fall down (like its registered a swipe).

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    When you get mature... like, really mature... you lose your awesomeness. It leaks right out of your butthole when you poop and never comes back. Your ability to sense awesomeness diminishes drastically and as you try desperately to convince everybody how mature you are, you fail to notice how much the world starts to hate you. You can help prevent this crisis... for just $3 a month.

20. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Of course it's obviously not some deep rooted mature life changing game, but when I think of childish, I tend to think of something completely different than this type of game. Nothing dripping out of my bum, unless I'm sick or ate something strange.