Universal Ms. Splosion Man (by Twisted Pixel/Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Shan82, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Awp, buy it. Its amazing. Both MS games for iOS are amazing.

And this has GameCenter, maybe Tentacles can have it too now.

2. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mikey Shorts for me, but this is fantastic. Pushing Ridiculous Fishing for GOTY imo. Excellent presentation, tight controls and a really unique game world.

3. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    The only problem I have is the first level doesn't make as much sense without having played the original. The boss and all the celebration balloons is confusing and the original intro cutscene is left out due to it being directly related to he first game. I'd like to see a remastered original splosion man as an iap expansion to this. That would just take it so far beyond its competitors.

4. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Aha. I didn't realise they had done that. Here's hoping they keep a fairly hands of management style compared to EA

5. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Reminding myself of the details, the purchase happened way back in 2011 and their next game loco cycle looks just as crazy bananas as all their other wonderful games so it seems Microsoft knew why they bought twisted pixel and that was their insane and wonderfully creative games and they left that alone.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Can you buy me a new phone that it'll work on? :)

Yeah, still stuck with my 3GS. Want to steal my wife's ability to upgrade this month, but if she knows it's because I want more games....probably won't fly. Gotta wait about 5 more months for my own upgrade.

But I do have a 360 and as I mentioned in an earlier post I played the first game but not this one. So perhaps I'll get the console version so I can share in the joy of this thread.

7. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I just wanted to add to everyone if you have a phone that can support this get this game it is awesome. Even buy the xbox one it has co op. I love twisted pixel they are a great studio.

8. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What a delightfully obnoxious heroine!

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Sure, let's download a game that would probably be equal in size to this (yet not compressed) through IAP. What a wonderful idea!

No.

10. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Beat the first level thinking "this is pretty long, probably got 7 more of these then I'm done". Then I got hit with the world maps and all those extra missions. So much content for $3. Amazing.

11. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Ms splosion man was 2 gigs in size on Xbox, they shrunk it by a whole half. The original was only 300 mb it was a much simpler affair than this. So if they could cut that by half it would only be 150 mb. Which is definitely not unreasonable. Plus the idea of a remaster type thing would mean they could reuse most the assets on ms splosion man. And it shouldn't take up all that much really.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hmmm...that doesn't sound all too bad.

13. garret44

garret44 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Alright- you guys sold me with your comments

14. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    That's why I suggested it. The entirety of the first game takes place in the indoors of the lab which is far far more limited than this sequel. (Even in just the second level of ms. It Goes beyond the entire scope of the first game.) So throwing in a male red character model and the data for how to use the assets already in ms splosion man, couldn't be all that much I would imagine. The only real problem is its SO much simpler that some people might be turned off by such a big step backwards.

15. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    I am really liking having some of these more depth games for my ipad. As long as the controls are good I want to see more of these full sized type releases. Like the recently announced full version of xcom: enemy unknown.

16. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Iphone4s any1??? Does it look ok? Or shitty graphics ? Thnx

17. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't think it could look "shitty" on any of the supported devices, and 4s isn't even the minimum requirement.... Other than iPhones being tiny... I don't know why you would even worry.... Most modern iOS games don't really look drastically different from one device to the next beyond frame rate.... The graphics themselves are the same.....

18. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    #98 mr_marts, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    This games release caught me by surprise, downloading now as I'am a sucker for platform games.

19. This looks cool, just got home, gotta do some research tomorrow on whether this has icloud. Too tired now. See ya guys.

20. Ahh, I'm jealous, I will trade you my icade core joystick for the extra 64 gb.