Universal Ms. Splosion Man (by Twisted Pixel/Microsoft Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Shan82, Mar 28, 2013.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Does this have co-op, at least local bluetooth? The console release has that (at least I think it does - the original did). I'm actually not a huge fan of the original game - I found it frustrating and not as fun as it seemed it should be - so I skipped Ms. Splosion Man. But for $2.99 I'm considering trying it on iOS. But it would sure be nice if it had the co-op play.

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Watch Sanuku's gameplay trailer- It has Game Center + achievements...

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

For now there's no co-op.
    I hope Twisted Pixel will update the game one day with coop because this was so much fun on the 360 version.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is the craziest game I have ever played, bar none.

Also...if anyone remembers MaXplosion...lol.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Oh my! I had completely forgotten about that.... Quite the ruckus back then...

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Sounds good to me! Downloading...

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You need a ZX Spectrum :p

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Don't tell me you forgot about McPixel :D

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I want this... Looks crazy indeed... but how are the IAPs?

10. shine330

shine330 New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    If you beat the game can you play as just regular Splosion Man? Kind of the main reason i bought this game hoping to play as him

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    We've covered this :p

There are IAPs to cheat and skip stuff, but if you ignore them you're left with the same game as the one on Xbox Live Arcade. It seems to mention them quite often, but not enough to be annoying, if you ask me.

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks, found it... buying now... Seen both the trailer and Sanukus trailer and this looks mindblowing, like SV says. Cant wait to play it.

13. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    This game is Pure Amesomeness,thoroughly enjoyable.Its nuts,crazy,wacky,zany you name it.It controls while,it's challenging,it's polished(with addition to detail).Hilarious tutorial.This wk I got Rico,Black Dawn,Nimble Quest,Magicka, Fester Mudd, Tiny Troopers 2.And Splosion Man is my front runner for game of the week.Definitely should check it out

14. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Do not pass up on this game if you are remotely interested. If you aren't remotely interested, look into, then be interested, then pick it up. Everything I hav eexperienced from it has been spot on and very enojyable. Highly recommended to be on every iOS gamer's device.

If I had to pick one downside, the game is a bit larger than I'd like - 999 MB installed. Make space for it and shell out the 2.99, it's worth it.

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This game is really good so far, but the tutorial is the best I've ever seen. I literally laughed out loud. That almost never happens to me.

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Bought, downloaded and installed... On an iPhone 4 the first thing it says is this: "If you have an iPad 2, iPhone 4S or iPod Touch 5 we recommend playing this with that device instead", it was a bit scary but it only changes that it doesnt have any antialiasing at all, and the frame rate is great. Plays great. Here is a screenshot.

As you the game, its mindblowing. Just get it, superb production values so far.

Attached Files:

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure it has AA on the iPad 3, the retina kind of eliminates the need for it anyway. It looks like it's just being rendered at non-retina resolution on the iPhone 4.

18. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #58 Bool Zero, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    The XBLA version was twice that size, and I was worried that this would be close to it. Glad to read they halved the installed size. While I understand for some 1GB is a tad big for iOS devices, it still is better than the being 2GB.

For others who have previously owned this on XBLA and have actually beaten, is this worth getting? I mean I beaten both games (the original and this) and would like to know if there is anything compelling in the way of new content or so etching to make me double down. I know this is great for those who have never had it, but I kind of been there, done that with this, and while I'm somewhat on the fence on getting this for my iPad, any compelling arguments would help as I'm not fully committed to getting this again!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy crap. Bought this last night but was only able to fire it up today and maaaaan... Best platformer for the iOS it seems.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Easily. This is nothing short of mind-blowing.