Mr.Smith 1.3 Ragdoll Lab

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi all ! I finally submitted Mr.Smith version 1.3 to apple, so it should be available for download soon. The new version brings a lot of new stuff, such as :
    and here is a video of the newly added Ragdoll Lab :

2. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    hmmm, i have yet to try out this game. doesn't really grab me, but i might eventually buy it

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    frozen.
    i'm stunned by the effort you made. this app looks SO MUCH BETTER.

4. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    ya this looks 100X better :)

I may have to pick it up haha, ive missed a promo everytime youve had a contest, its a sign :p

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Sweet, thanks for the info!

This game is getting good.

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I continue to be amazed by all the progress you've made with Mr. Smith. It's like Pocket God, except this is Pocket Mister. :) Now if only we could get Mr. Smith together with the pygmies...

7. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Thanks a lot!
    Ragdoll physics was in the works since the beginning, but had some frame rate issues (quite big) now all is solved out! With next updates, "regular" Mr.Smith (wich you can still play in v 1.3), will be integrated with the "Ragdoll Lab", while at the moment they are 2 different sections.
    Hope it will be approved soon so you can enjoy 3D ragdoll fun!!!

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I think everyone agrees that you've done a great job with Mr. Smith.

9. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

If realistic limb movement ranges(and restrictions) were added, it'd look like a real person was being thrown around, and not a dummy. That would be even better(or the option for both).

10. Wow. I have to admit this is much better. This is really coming along pretty impressively. The ragdoll physics are quite good, and the frame rate remains decent. Very nice update.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Yes yes very true....

This is turning out to be a great game.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've had Mr. Smith since day one, Frozen Pepper, you make us all happy with your hard work and extra effort keeping us informed. Kudos, good luck and continued success to you:)

13. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    hey! the update looks amazing, reason I bought it, but I have a question. I noticed the game runs quite slow, is this fixed in the new version? And also: when you throw a box at him a piece of it gets stuck on his head, was this fixed?

14. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    first of all thanks all! Sorry for not having replied before but was working on the next update and a new FrozenPepper internet site (not yet ready...).

Gregz0r:
    there are some restrictions and limitations to the ragdoll physics, but for the moment just of few of them are active due to frame rate issues, but i'm working to improve it and should get a little bit better...

JanB :
    The "regular" Mr.Smith stress-reliever part of the game hasn't been touched much, but "ragdoll laboratory" has been added (the one in the video), which works much more smooth.
    The regular part hasn't been touched beacouse i'm redoing it from scratch to integrate it with the "Ragdoll lab", so for the moment you'll have (as soon as v. 1.3 is available) the regular "slow" Mr. Smith with the asteroid the crates etc. and the new Ragdoll Lab.. And games....
    The video was recorded on an iphone 2g so, on 3g and the latest ipod touch should run even faster....

15. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    BTW just to let you know the game crashes allot on Jailbreak Iphones, mine is a 2g.