Universal Mr Jump (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Well done! The Game Center is always crazy and buggy BTW :)

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Well done for reaching the end Anotherkellydown, and congratulations on the review 1Button.

Ha. If you take a look at the Upcoming thread, you'll see that Andy C83 managed it in 2:43!

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I forgot that he's a pro gamer in Runner game. Maybe in other kind o games, too. I don't know. I have an admiration for him :)

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thank you, thank you. Honestly I'd like to know how long it took Matt33 to finish the game, he is secretly the most skillful gamer around here.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm never gonna complete this game as I still can't get past that diamond jump section on level 5. Thr tricky parts on level 8 I know I can do, I feel what I'm doing wrong, but with level five it feels like I'm doing it right, I've watched that vid over and over and I always fall short if the jumps lol. It's driving me nuts. It's killing me. I've even dreamt about mr jump, clearing that ocean shouting "f*** youuuuuu" at me!!

My daughter refuses to try it for me because she wants it on her device so she can kick my (and Andys) arse first, but as it's iOS 7 and her device is ios6 that's not gonna happen soon so I'm stuck in level 5 limbo haha. I've offered her £20 if she can clear it for me but she said watching me work myself into a rage is "priceless"

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

@1Button - Congrats on the TA review and outstanding success on your first non-puzzle game. Even though it messes with my head and pisses me off it's still a top-notch game!

@mr bez - thanks!

@Andy - Matt33 is a pro for sure! I think you've known about his skills much longer than I have but I noticed how fast he finished this and remember his post in the Bean Dreams thread about his amazing accomplishment on Bean's Quest.

LOL! She sounds like a real piece of work! Whenever you get discouraged about failing at Mr Jump just take a look at my stats! I failed an embarrassing amount of times before I could pass it.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't know which is funnier: you offering her £20 or her response.

Actually, I think it's the response. Go Cloudpuff Junior!

(Sorry Cloudpuff!)

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
  9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks guys, I finished in just under 2 hours. It's cut off, but I took 13 minutes on level 10, so Andy's got me beat on those 2 levels. Those are some seriously quick times.

[​IMG]

10. Anotherkellydown

11. Anotherkellydown

#71 Anotherkellydown, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Hey Matt! You, mr bez, and Andy are game wizards! That's a crazy good time!

Anybody know if you can reset your stats to try for a better completion time? [EDIT] a delete and reinstall would probably work. And I'm really intrigued by the secret in level 3. Still gonna keep looking for it..

12. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    :( You are not the only one to be stuck here... I wish I could help.

Jesus Christ. This is crazy!
    Have you tried to find the secret exit in level 3?

Yes, iCloud sync is just for the levels (unlocked or not).

A few updates: Mr Jump is still doing extremely well on the App Store, still #1 in the US, in France, Germany and many countries. 6 million downloads so far :eek:

13. Anotherkellydown

That's awesome! So happy for you! And I just found the secret exit! \o/

14. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    How can you do it? Damn it... wish I can do 1/10 it....

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #75 Andy C83, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

[thread=257485][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257499][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257505][​IMG][/thread] [thread=256367][​IMG][/thread]
    [thread=257635][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257589][​IMG][/thread]

Mr Jump

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

19th March 2015

VOTE HERE

Developers, publishers and/or affiliates cannot vote for their own games!!

16. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    #76 BitStern, Mar 25, 2015
    Uff, finally finished the game, was so freaking tough. Some serious pros here with AndyC83 and Matt33. Was 1:55 h your first run or a repeated one? What can be seen in the secret level btw?

17. Still on level 8, this game is insane! Do they really keep getting harder? :) Nice work 1button! Those of you who have already beat this have mad skills. I'll get there though!

18. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    That was from my first and only attempt. I probably won't reinstall to get a faster time, there might be a timed leaderboard in the future anyway.

The secret level is like an extra absurdly difficult level within level 3, have you found it yet?

19. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
    #79 BitStern, Mar 25, 2015
    Congrats! You must be one of the best players in the world!
    Yeah I found it, but didn't beat it. So hard. What's at the end of the secret? Anything special?^^

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #80 Primoz, Mar 25, 2015
    A video pops up and one of the developers promises you fame and fortune which you will get with the release of their next game. You are also promised to have god-like powers.