Universal Mr Jump (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Depending on you skills and how much you like it, the time spent on Mr Jump can highly vary.

But we are completely satisfied with the levels we chose to put in this first version: they are all different and go from easy to extremely hard, so everybody can enjoy and find a challenge in the game.

We believe that even if one needs 1 hour to complete all the levels (I would like to meet this person) s/he would have had a great time anyway. And that's what we want ;)

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Took a look at my stats and realized I'd played close to 2 hours in the game. Without having even finished level 6 yet, I had already got my monies worth out of the game. With the game being free though, what monies? Fixed that by buying the ad-removal IAP. :)

With the game getting more content and only being 33 MBs, it has a lot of staying power.

I must mention though, in the 2 hours of playing, I must have seen a good 10 ads only. I don't know if this is pre-release only, but the ads should definitely be more aggressive once the game's out. I really didn't feel the need to buy the IAP, whereas with a game like Bloo Kid 2 that throws one video ad after another at you, I took care of them almost immediately.

3. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Regarding the ads:

We hate ads as much as you do. Fortunately, it appears that it is counterproductive to display a lot of ads. We understood how it works with Mr Flap, and now we know how to optimize our revenues while minimizing the number of ads.

The games that display an ad every minute miss the point completely. They bother the players and they earn less money.

So you'll not see more ads when the game is released :)

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Just looked at my stats and I've spent 7 and a half hours so far, with 2 of them on level five alone (still not past that bit stuck on haha) and have built up 3121 deaths.

@andy how far are you into the game? I'd imagine your death count is a quarter of mine lol.

5. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I would love a code if there is any left #

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for surprising me with a code dev.

I'm really loving this frustrating game! LOL
    I'm catching up to you on the leaderboards Cloudpuff!! LOL

I'm working on the 6th level. I think I've racked up 6000 deaths!
    I purchased the ad removal. The ads weren't really that intrusive but I am definitely getting a lot of playtime here.
    I think I might start dreaming about tapping things in my sleep! He he.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I'm up to level 12 (33%)
    Total time: 1:43:42
    Deaths: 527
    Jumps: 10,249

;)

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    39,671 is my jump tally. I win haha.

9. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #49 Lavender, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Ok kids. No fighting in the play yard! LOL

Besides, I just finished level 6.
    I'm half way there. :)

Cloudpuff has more jumps Certainly she is the winner here! :)

10. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Far be it from me to question the wisdom of not one lady but two (I'm too afraid to).

11. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Smart man..... :)

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    For those who have completed level 5 did you have trouble at the big jump over the sea from my screenshot earlier? I'm going mad lol. I'm gonna get my daughter to record me later and upload, hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong.

@andy my daughter woke at 6, checked gamecentre, came to wake me to tell me she's still on top, then went back to bed. :)

13. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Cloudpuff - that is so awesome! I was going to joke about trying for 1st place but now I don't care. :)

14. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #54 Andy C83, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Awwww. :)

That bit in level 5 isn't that difficult... Just remember the longer you press the screen, the further Mr Jump jumps. :)

@Lavender: That first place for Cloud's daughter is in Flappy bird with a score of 379, she sent me another challenge I noticed she's getting rather big for for her boots.

15. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #55 Lavender, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    Cloudpuff: I went back into level 5. Andy is right. It is all long presses right when you touch the top of the diamonds.

Andy: my kids are always getting to big for there own good. Can't leave 'em...... Have to love 'em...... LOL

I don't know her. (Cloudpuff's daughter) But what cloudpuff has said about her daughter always makes me smile!

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I told her what you said before about thinking of crashing at 250 and she said she would rather "you gave it all you've got'"

Thank you both for the tips on level five, I feel like it should be easyish and I *feel*'like I'm doing long jumps but I must be removing my hand a fraction to early when going for the next jump. It's weird as the levels after, a,though tricky, they feel doable wheras that part of level five feels like I can't do it, and I just know after I manage it I'll hit into the very next object lol. My daughter said she will try for me, but only after she has it and has completed the game on her device first so that I'm not ahead of her :)

17. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    A true gamer. :)

18. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    @cloudpuff So, did you complete the level 5?

19. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I completed level 7!
    I passed you cloupuff.
    Love Ya but see Ya.... :)

Level 7 was tricky! And difficult! :)

20. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Sadly no, I just can't get past that section, I got my daughter to record a video of me playing but, and I'm ashamed to say, my colourful use of language would have me banned :)

Well done lavender, now go beat Andy :)