Universal Mr Jump (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Thanks for the Code. Nice Game. Level 4 so far. I've already bought the IAP.
    Suggestions:
    -Ghost Mode - GameCenter Friends runs the level at the same time.
    Or Time Trail Mode.
    -Number of tries at the Level select Screen

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I just received a code from 1Button and completed the first 3 levels (in 8, 4 and 11 attempts respectively). Loving this! Of course seeing as though Kid Tripp is one of my favourite iOS games (and Bez's gameplay comparison is apt) there shouldn't be any surprise there. Crisp visuals, cool music. I've since completed the first level in one attempt but I'm not sure that this wonderful feat is reflected on the stats page at all.

Whether it be a puzzle game or something different, you know you're getting quality from 1Button. Happy to pay the £1.49p to remove ads.

What I would like to see is upon completion of the final level a new mode become available, 'Hardcore Mode'. In this mode you'd play all levels back to back and have a leaderboard for who can complete this mode with the fewest amount of deaths. Kid Tripp has the same kind of thing and it does add replay value. Just a thought. Thanks for the game!

3. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    OK. Time and Number of Tries = Option/Stats ;)

4. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #24 Primoz, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Your character moves at a constant speed, meaning that all successeful runs are completed in the same amount of time.

The music is great, I just wish there were sounds as well.

5. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #25 1Button, Mar 6, 2015
    We have some ideas of new game modes but you will see that when the time comes!

There are sounds ;) Maybe the volume of your device is too low

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Right, my bad. Turns out sound was disabled in the options. I must have done that by accident.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I thought I was never going to clear level four, I actually thought it was bugged and took screenshots but I realised I was off by a tiny tiny fraction, but I've done it now and im having lots of fun challenging my GC friends.

8. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Don't worry we have completed each level many many times, on all the possible screen sizes ;)

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Level 5 is a beast, 35 attempts and 85%.

10. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #30 cloudpuff, Mar 6, 2015

I'm at (what feels like) several hundred attempts and only 42%. There must be a trick I'm missing for that point as I always fall short of hitting the lower jump, by quite a bit. I got so frustrated I paid to unlock the next level for a change of scenery. And the keep going back between level five and six.

Eta. 549 attempts on level 5.. I suck.

11. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Eek, level 5? I'm stuck on level 3, with that absolutely evil flappy-like section in the middle.

Evil masochist only game that is way more fun and addictive than it should be :D

I actually like this game more than The Impossible Game and Geometry dash, apart from the fact that this game lacks the synchronized soundtracks for each level. The music does change, but most of the soundtracks are irrelevant to gameplay and pretty 'meh'.

Apart from that minor gripe, this is likely to become my next unhealthy twitch obsession. Time to pass that 84% mark...

12. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Alexandre (member of our team) needed 1000+ attempts to pass the level 5 ^^

42% it is the big jump above the sea right? You have to make several maximum jumps to pass it, you have to manage to get the first power-up in the middle otherwise you will be "late" for the next ones

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If there are still promo codes, I'd love to take this for a spin. :)

Also, a couple of things:

1) This is old-school (circa 2010) metalcasket speaking, but how could I convince you to add a period to the title so that it's Mr. Jump and not Mr Jump? :p

2) I've said this a couple of times and contrary to what Primoz said (looks like we'll never see eye to eye, old friend :p), I believe any ad-removal IAP should be at least $4.99 (Check out the last few posts in the Shoot the Moon thread ;)).

14. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yup, it's the large section of water that gets me. You can see the furthest I've gotten but more often than not I die before the first lower jump. I've beat level 6 now though and 7 is fun but tricky.

Attached Files:

15. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #35 1Button, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    I recorded the part you can't pass, maybe it will help you!

[hqyoutube]xm5p8cPe1xg[/hqyoutube]

16. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #36 Primoz, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    I tend to divide games into two groups: "real" games and "mini" games. This division is based on the amount of content and not on the time the game keeps you engaged. Granted, even a minigame is a steal for 1.99$, it just doesn't feel right paying that much for it. The mobile market certainly spoiled us, because we can get "real" games for that price (or even less). So, I'm not saying that this game isn't worth 1.99$, all I am saying is I can get a lot more for the same price or even less, right?

I have seen a few games implementing a "donate" feature (Legend of Equip Pants) and I have donated, because it is a great game. When I see ad removals, I don't think of donating, I rather go and disable my wi-fi for the moment. Yes, I'm stingy like that. Point is, I'd rather see a donate button (that could also serve as ad removal) and you can donate as much as you'd like.

But most people don't see ad removal as a donation, I presume. So as I said, the game isn't "worth" 1.99$ let alone removing an unitrusive ad.

I agree, the mobile market needs a change, but we shouldn't start by giving the right price on the ad removal IAPs in mini games.

I might be wrong and pricing ad removal at 1.99$ might be the best strategy though, so good luck with the game.

17. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I disagree, I'd rather have ad removal, mostly because I can restore it if I delete the game and reinstall at a later date.
    I'm speaking generally here but if someone is of the mindset that they won't remove ads, they will be unlikely to donate either, I know you have said that you'd rather donate than remove ads, but I think most wouldn't do that.
    If people think the ad removal price is too high then I doubt they will donate the same money and still have ads, they will want to pay less, which undervalues the dev imo, I think £1.99 is a common price for ad removal, if devs add donate buttons that also remove ads then the minim amount should be what they wanted to charge for ad removal, in this case £1.99.

If I'm enjoying something I'll pay, if i think it's too high, I won't, I think it's a bit unfair to suggest the price is lowered when it's already low to start with. That's just my opinion though and I'm not having a go at you.

18. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Thank you, my problem is I seem to be hitting the jumps slightly to the left, I feel like I'm jumping from the sand as late as poss but I must be going too early,I'll keep trying though:)

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've refrained from posting for over a day now so I could spend some proper time with the game and at almost 500 deaths and reaching level 5, I think I've played enough to be able to comment on the game.

Plain and simple: It's great. It's definitely 1Button through and through. The polish (right down to the menus), the lo-fi (you can call it that, right? :p) graphics...even the difficulty, it's all unmistakeably a 1Button game and it's awesome to see influence from previous games (Mr Flap in this case) in the "flappy" parts of this.

Contrary to what Primoz said, I don't believe this is a mini-game in any way, shape or form. It's a legitimate hardcore platformer that's totally fine in length. Had this existed back in the day with limited lives and no way to save progress, you'd probably find only a handful of people who had finished it today. It's also much, much harder than Kidd Tripp!

I personally don't have a problem with the death animations and the music is perfectly fitting so far. With these graphics, I don't think you could've possibly picked a better soundtrack for the game.

This is an easy recommendation when the game's out and I think it has the possibility to become huge. Great, great job by 1Button.

20. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Don't go on confusing "mini" games with "casual" games. I never said this isn't a hardcore game. Mini/real is objective and refers to the amount of content, variety of content (and type of content) the game offers (not how long it keeps you engaged), while casual/hardcore refers to the way you play the game. The last two are also more subjective, since each individual plays the game in his own way. Completely different things. There are many hardcore mini games just as there are casual "real" games.