Universal Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 (by Playsport Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Jul 13, 2017.

1. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    #101 sinanayurt, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Is it the game little bit easy? I mean, game excepected to be 8th at end of first season but I came 4th. Also in second season Im goinng right now to champion title. What will happen future season? Is it going to be more easy?

Edit: oh! Okay I get bankrupt# all of my pilots and enginneer fired.

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #...... ###

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Second tier is when it came alive for me. Suddenly struggling around the lower middle order, battling for every race and routinely scraping home with <10% car integrity left.

I've also only just realised that built parts are always incremental improvements on what you already have. So the best way to get outstanding parts is to repeatedly build and replace - because each new one will be an incremental improvement on the one before.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #104 Quoad, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    From elsewhere:

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Second tier is definitely where this game kicks into gear.. tier 3 will be fun! Just trying to balance car progress and HQ upgrades... great game!

6. drknickel

drknickel New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Omg, i just love the game.

I am in my fourth season now, just finished my second season in tier 2.

One odd thing i noticed. I invested 15.000.000$ in my new car, the maximum i was able to invest, but my cars came out as number 7, which i found odd.

My Drivers are both pretty good, young and 4 1/2 stars. One driver i got from the youth program.

Creating own parts does not work so well for me, these parts are often not very good.

I am really interested in your strategies and experiences!

Greets :)

7. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Is there an android date for this sexy piece of game yet? (I am a android type person)

8. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I bought it. I'm not even a fan of F1 really, not that I dislike it or anything. However, I liked what I've seen and read. I hope they can improve the visuals for the higher end devices. Maybe get some cars on the tracks instead of the dots in the newest ipads. Otherwise, I'm pretty ok with the game. I started a single race to see how it fits with my abilities to understand the new format of racing. I was in 1st/2nd for the better part of 22 laps. I ended up in 7th/8th though. I got a little carried away with the engine tires lol.

So, other than the visuals being upgraded (I hope they will), I'm liking it so far.

9. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Just starting out, I'm having a hard time getting decent places in the races. I'm sitting at 15-20th on the boards. :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Any suggestions on how to manage this would be greatly appreciated.

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Car setup is key. Use your qualifications to test different setups (you can probably try three per driver in a qualifying). Other than that, build up your car and driver stats, but be patient! If you try to improve too much too soon, you'll end up bankrupt.

11. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    The performance of a new car design depends on both financial investment and engineering competence. It's quite possible that your opponents are hiring way better engineers than yours. This is also most likely the reason why the parts you build aren't so good.

Money solves many things in life, but not everything ;)

12. drknickel

drknickel New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Ahh nice, thanks for the information.

I have 2 3/5 engineers and one 4/5 engineer. What can i do to get better engineers? :)

13. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    I think the only way right now is to recruit engineers who apply for the position i.e. wait for them to come to you. Maybe better engineers will come to you when your team gets more successful; I don't know for sure.

But 'better engineers' in this case means engineers with a focus on design rather than race day performance impact. You may want to take a look at your engineers' stats and decide if you're ok with such a tradeoff (hiring engineers who are great at designing car parts but could be complete shite at managing a pit garage, for example).

14. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Good engineers don't appear often; just check them out when the notification appears and hire if they're better than one of your three. You'll want at least one with good leadership (+3 or +4) once you get that part of the HQ built. Every time you build the same part with the same engineers, it seems to be better than the last one.

I'm having a couple of issues:
    1. The music doesn't fully turn off when you ask it to.
    2. Refueling doesn't seem to be consistent. If I pit with 3 units of fuel, and ask for 7, I leave the pits with 10 - it usually works fine. But I once asked for 0 because I already had more than enough and just needed tires, and I left the pits with 0.0 fuel. I feel like I've had other problems like that.

But I overcame that thanks to the Asian-Pacific Championship's double points in the last race, which really fit my car's strengths. And my better driver wanted to get surgery to improve her reflexes and mental abilities (i.e. all stats) at the expense of -2 marketability due to the scars. I let her, and she's been awesome ever since.

15. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    #115 pheriannath, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    That's weird. As far as I know, refuelling in MM is supposed to behave like the latter (meaning you specify exactly how many laps worth of fuel you want in your car and the pit crew pumps in or drains fuel as necessary to match that).
    Because more fuel increases car weight and impacts performance, draining your car's fuel in a pit stop is a valid strategy (and there can be certain circumstances in an F1 race that makes this a really good idea).

16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    That's what I've been doing lol. I'll keep at it.

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    My first season, I won first race and a few others, came a close 2nd in drivers championship... 16pt gap.
    Got 18 million cash total.
    Second season, I replaced one of my drivers as they crap lol. Got a good 2nd driver in... but they are jealous of my main driver for having a slightly better car.
    Had one race and came 1st n 3rd... so a good start to my new second season.

18. drknickel

drknickel New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Yeahh, just got promoted to Tier 1.

It took me two seasons to move up and win Tier 2 driver and team championship with my drivers placed 1 and 2.

My drivers both have 4 1/2 stars and already have a maxed out potential. There are some 5 star drivers, but they do not want to talk to me ;)

Engineers are still a problem, my car is not very good.

And now 16 races, oh my god :)

Any tipps for tier 1? I guess it will take me more than two seasons to win tier 1 :)

I LOVE THE GAME!

19. drknickel

drknickel New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Found some nice tipps from Casartelli on reddit:

20. Meanmug

Meanmug Member

Jan 17, 2017
    #120 Meanmug, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    I really like this game but i dont get why they had to put the edit stats iap in with the editor. I love that i can rename drivers etc but hate that you can edit the stats. I wish they would let you turn that off. I dont get why i need a cheat enabled just to be able to rename people.

I have only played a few races so far so im not sure how this works. It lets you change the potential stats and then use those points to max every stat right away. My question is if i just leave that option alone will they still earn stats like normal?

When i got it i thought it meant you could change drivers stats around to make them better in certain areas like braking or cornering but still have a cap on them, not just let you max out every stat of every person in the game.

I wish they would just let you edit names without the edit stats so i dont feel like i have a cheat enabled at all times.