Universal Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 (by Playsport Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I noticed a graphic problem... when on race results screen, and it shows the fronts of the 3 cars, it's like they are flipped over, as all the sponsors/writing on the cars is backwards.

Tyres do play a part in your speed... a fresh cooler tyre isn't quite as fast as a tyre that's half worn and hotter.

Also from what I remember, fuel also plays a part as the less fuel you Carry, the faster you go as you are lighter. Cars seemed to get faster towards end of qualifying and also end of race... as long as your tyres not too worn

2. TopherW

TopherW Active Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Anyone get cloud save to work? I keep getting error code 27. Tried to email their support and that came back as a dead email.

3. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    This happened to me once where the cloud save wouldn't show from iPad on my phone. I reinstalled on phone and it showed up.

4. Jt-L

Jt-L New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Bought the game and play 8 hours straight forward on iPhone 7 plus!

Then today wanted to continue it on my iPad. Click upload iCloud save on my iPhone but the app crash !
    Now open the app will instantly crash on the main menu. Turn off Game Center works!
    But I need Game Center to be on for my other games like street fighter champion edition.

I did try many ways to fix this issue! restart iPhone , restart apps, reinstall the app, relog iCloud, relog Game Center.
    These just don't fix the crashing...

Not just crash on my iPhone. it even crash on my iPad too. Just logoff Game Center works...

5. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Anyone know how to get into the editor? I purchased it but can't find how to start the editor

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Can anyone comment on the economy of the game?

I understood there is an IAP which adds a bonus to winnings - so the game can't be balanced either with it or without it. This keeps me from buying the game (plus the fact that in a race the cars are dots and not cars like in the PC version, it shouldn't really bother me but it does). I would like to know as I really enjoyed the original.

7. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    The edit button should show up beside Drivers and teams in blue...if this isn't showing go to settings and restore in app purchases and it should work.

8. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    How exactly to you mov up tiers? Is it a paid upgrade at end of season if you make enough money ?

9. Wootus

Wootus Active Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Artist
    Is the leveling up system bugged? I have gone from level 1 to 2 then suddenly to level 50. And there don't seem to be any rewards or unlocks associated with leveling up.

Great game though. Very much like the pc version.

10. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    #91 pheriannath, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    The economy works as it is now. Good drivers and engineers take significant investment and building up your headquarters blows a hole through your wallet. It's not as apparent in the European series as the rules makes it easy for your team to do reasonably well each season, but once you move into the Asia-Pacific cup, your cash flow gets rather tighter and you'll have to start sorting out your financial priorities (Car first? Drivers first? Engineers first?). But it's a manageable challenge and a large part of what Motorsport Manager is about. Working as intended, I would say.

(It's also fun. An example: I was midway through the racing season when I decided that my car hadn't been too hot that entire season and I really needed to improve it or I wouldn't get anywhere. So I decided to give up on winning this season, pumped as much money as I could into the design effort for next season's car and ended up 4 million in debt.
    Then a lawyer-type guy came up to me and handed me a warning - get either my books or my per-race income green within 3 races, or the bank would do it for me by firing my manpower. I sweated buckets for 4 weeks until, just before the third race, 5 of my 6 sponsors concluded their contracts and I had new offers for all slots. I immediately took the ones with the greatest up-front payments and made a positive bank balance just in time; a crisis averted, and now I'm in good stead for next season. Phew!)

IMO the extra cash IAP is totally unnecessary (you can turn it off in the options, I hear) and works as 1) a way to support the developers some more and 2) an 'easy mode' for players who haven't yet figured out how to strategise in professional racing and need time to learn the ropes - as in much of real life, throwing cash at a problem (buying top end parts/drivers) makes it easier.

It's a promotion system. Your team has to win the European series first, after which you're offered a promotion to the Asia-Pacific cup next season - you can either choose to accept the promotion or remain in the current series next season. Your team similarly has to win the Asia-Pacific cup to be offered the promotion to the World championships. Think of them as the equivalent of the GP3, F2 and F1 series.

My advice is not to take your first promotion straightaway and instead spend one more season in your current series. The rules of the higher tier series aren't as friendly to mid and lower tier teams, and if you move up too fast you'll quickly find out that you were simply the biggest fish in a very small pond.

11. bensufc

bensufc Member

Jan 8, 2015
    What's the new system like for drivers? Is it more dynamic?

The description states that they retire/move teams/have rivalries etc. Do they progress get better as they age and subsequently get worse when they get near to retirement? How has anyone found this to play out in the game does it feel more realistic?

Do the teams change as the seasons go on? Do they have teams that dominate or rise etc?

Also how many seasons can you play for?

12. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    #93 pheriannath, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Each driver has an XP bar and an individual 'progress rate' figure that represents how fast they learn. After every race, the XP bar will be filled by an amount depending on the driver's progress rate and (I think?) the driver's performance during the race.
    If the XP bar fills up, the driver gets an improvement point which he/she can spend improving one of six stats (braking, consistency, cornering, focus, overtaking & smoothness).
    Each stat also has a max cap that represents the driver's potential in that area - so for example, if the driver's max potential in cornering is 9, he won't be able to improve his cornering stat past 9. If all stats are capped, your driver's basically hit the peak of his career. I don't think driver stats get worse with age, but they can retire.

At the end of every season, before the pre-season period of the next one, there is a 'transfer window' of sorts. Across the course of three weeks, the game will give you news of driver movements across all teams - driver's can choose to retire, be released by their teams and become free agents or be hired by other teams.
    You can play the transfer game as there will be a lot more drivers interested in your team that you can negotiate with. One thing to note (if I'm not mistaken) is that you can't sell drivers directly; if you get rid of a driver, you simply terminate his contract and get nothing in return.

You also unlock the young drivers program after the first season. I suggest to play the first season to completion and watch the game's tutorial, which explains it far better than I can.

I assume that you can play for as many seasons as you please.

13. Polybios

Polybios Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Is there a site with setup tipps?

14. Paskalaatikko

Paskalaatikko New Member

Jul 30, 2014
    5/5 amazing game for sure.

Some bug reporting, maybe devs reading this forum?

-After couple level ups, now suddenly at level 50?
    -Dropping from first to second place, it shows 20th place for a short period.
    -Drivers seems to be asking wet tyres or dry tyres even before rain starts/ends. Or at least it comes all the sudden that you're laps too late with it.
    -Financial side of the game is spot on and very well balanced. Upgrading you HQ for part making is very expensive, but maybe its a good thing and realistic feature.

Keep on updates coming :)

15. sinanayurt

sinanayurt Active Member

Feb 10, 2015
    How can we refuel in pit? And sometimes one pilot very good in a race othertime other pilot better, how can we understand this situation? Also one of my pilot not happy with him car even give him better parts than other pilot.

This game is a drug and Im addicted # 9/10

16. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

Once you unlock in race refuelling, I think when you are in pits, there's a tab to the right that you press.
    It's there in first season, but I just can't refuel until I get it unlocked

17. Symie

Symie New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Sponsors

Good fun game. Passes time well, however can someone explain the sponsor system to me please?
    As I'm led to believe the lower 3 are race specific, thus if you finish top 6 and the sponsor gives for top 6 and above your onto a winner!
    However it doesn't seem to be doing this in the sim. My current lower 3 should get me over 1 mill a race as long as my car finish top16. I get nowhere near that, usually only getting that which was owed by the race day sponsor! Anyone help?
    PS - if this ain't the forums a nudge in the right direction would be just dandy ta ;)

18. pheriannath

Jun 9, 2012
    #99 pheriannath, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    There could be many reasons for your driver's performance; half the fun is in figuring out what's happening.

Studying your race track can give you a clue. Maybe it's a track with many corners and your driver's really bad at cornering (look at his stats). Maybe he's not good at braking and that's why he always get overtaken at hairpins? Maybe he just had a bad qualification and started last - and he stayed behind everyone the whole race because he's bad at overtaking? Maybe the race track has a lot of straights and his car has the worse engine?

Also, as in real life, drivers can get greedy ("I'm too good for this shite car"). Just roll with it...or if you can't stand them, let them go.

Each racing series has a set of rules. You are able to read them when you first select your racing series at the beginning. You can also see them mid-season from your home page by tapping on 'Standings', then 'Rules'.

Read them! They are very important.

For the European Series (the tier 3 racing series that you have no choice but to enter at first), the rules include a refuelling ban.

The top 3 sponsors give you a fixed amount per race no matter how you do in them.
    The lower 3 sponsors will give you a payout if you can achieve/exceed a certain position in a race - but only 1 of them will pay out at any time. Asking you to choose the sponsor each race is the game's way of forcing you to realistically consider what you can achieve against the rest of the field (so if you overreach, you may end up not getting any money at all).

Also note the payout is split in two; half for qualifications and half for the actual race. So if you were planning to throw away your qualis (or simply can't be bothered), you'd be wasting good money.

19. Symie

Symie New Member

Jul 20, 2017
    Pheriannath - thanks for the reply sir for clearing it up for me. Much appreciated :)