Universal Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 (by Playsport Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Would also personally greatly appreciate a schematic of each race before it starts. % at full throttle doesn't always seem to be a great indicator of how the car should be set up. Feel as if I'd be getting more from a track overview.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I've just finished season 1 and, placing 3rd, received $15m winnings + a small pot for additional prizes. This was part of my rationale for driving up this season's rankings, and I'm hoping this'll leave me better placed to secure decent drivers and components next year.

Though the car is only an optimistic contender :D Looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

3. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Are you able to change teams as team principle, as in offered jobs due to performance?. I'd like to manage McLaren when i get to F1.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    You're more team owner.

And there's no McLaren, unless you buy the editor IAP. in which case, you can call the teams whatever you want. Thumbs.

5. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Alright fair enough! Just curious how you got a great car in the first season. I mostly spend it on the next year car which ended as a title contender. I'm now in the second season in the same Championship. And currently 1st as Team.

I play it on my smaller 6s and don't have any problems. So I guess it definitely depends on the user if it's too small or not.

6. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    So I've had a couple of races under my belt now, and it seems to me like qualification takes a fair bit of strategy too. Just like in real races, if your car starts its flying lap and there happen to be some cars right in front of it blocking its racing line, it's not going to clock an ideal lap time...at least that's what I think is happening. Or maybe it's my imagination.

So I'm actually judging the times I send my drivers out so they have a good bit of clean air ahead of them and they can really push their lap times. The very first car out of the pit lane in the beginning of qualifying is likely to have clean air, but beyond that I'm closely watching the circuit and timing my send-outs carefully.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm pretty sure you're right. This is tickling my memories from MM1, and I've thought about it a couple of times. But the only occasion on which I've deliberately manipulated my qual laps was when there was a great big clanger of an announcement before the race about sensible drivers getting in a lap on soft tyres, whilst the rain was hammering down when it all started. Sure enough, one two-minute rain-free window after ten mins, my drivers were the only two to hit it, only time in season 1 that I've held pole and second grid positions.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Good going! I've realised that you can see prize money by looking at manufacturer positions - the range in EU is pretty trivial, about $2m difference between 1st and last.

Wrt season one - built a tonne of front wings (and later suspensions) and... erm. Good question. Bought a couple of parts. Not many, though. Tried to keep a $2-3m reserve, though didn't always manage. (Will be less spendthrift this time, given the size of end of season payouts).

Season 2 - car might only be an optimistic contender, but it was ranked 3rd from the outset. The very first shop also appeared dirt cheap - several very decent green parts at $800k-$1m. I get the impression that's a one off...? (Pretty sure similar would cost $4-6m later on.)

So now up to 2nd car, best drivers, and 5th (meh) engineers. Will be disappointed not to win this season!

9. johnkittz

johnkittz Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Can anybody tell me what limitations the "editor" IAP has? I'm wanting to buy it but I don't know the limitations on it.

10. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    can you unlock ability to start in Tier 1 or 2 or do you always begin in Tier 3?

11. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    Would like to know this as well!

12. johnkittz

Mar 19, 2017
    This game is amazing I ended up buying the "editor" bundle which gives you the editor + Chairman Sponsor (the chairman sponsor CAN be turned off within Settings) the graphics are amazing the price is amazing and the depth compared to the first one is awesome!

This is the definition of instabuy! (Including IAP's)

13. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I bought the editor as well...Let me know if you find a good resource to rename teams and drivers

at this point I will probably just use the PC game with real drivers mod and try an guess the teams in the lower divisions.

14. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    What are the 3 rectangles that appear under your drivers name and to the right of the data center window?
    They're usually blank but sometimes 1 or more turn yellow and on occasion other colors.

Thanks

15. johnkittz

Mar 19, 2017
    It might be your lap time, like purple means fastest lap of all cars.

16. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    This is a great follow-up to a great game. I like it!

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Absolutely loving this! Completed season 1 in 4th, currently running first in both the drivers and teams championships in season 2.... just.. considering the editor, game of the week for me ! Love it

18. johnkittz

Mar 19, 2017
    I highly suggest getting the editor since it opens up more opportunities for having fun!

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #79 Bloodangel, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Just did my first race... got pole and won :)
    It was neck n neck in final corner and finishing straight... kept going 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 1st 2nd... but as crossed the line, I got first :)
    The gap to guy behind me was zero seconds!!
    Must've finished side by side wow!

There's a lot to take in, but it's great!!

I also planned my pit stop perfectly, as I worked out my tyre wear and pushed car at start, then calmed down to conserve fuel in middle of race so as to push it towards the end. And I noticed guy I was challenging, had mediums on and changed before me.. so his tyres wasn't as fresh. I was leading most the race for about 2/3 from start, until my first pit stop... but then picked up the pace again and pushed the new leader as he was on older tyres :)

20. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #80 Bloodangel, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    They are sector notification boxes. Each track has 3 sectors.
    Purple is fastest sector out of all the cars.
    Green is your drivers personal best sector.
    White means it's been a slower sector for you.