Universal Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 (by Playsport Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Kraudi2k

Kraudi2k Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Male
    The only thing I dont like (The same goes for the pc version) is that most of the time I have a P1 or P2 start position after quali and in the first race lap I find myself in position 6-12. That happens way too much and I dont get it. How can my car go P1 in quali but 1-2 sec slower at the beginning of the race.

It happens also in the pc version sometimes.
    I started my 3rd race from
    P2 and P3 and after lap 3 I'm P12 and P10 with over 10 sec behind the leader?!?

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does the game have cloud saving across devices?

3. gvegas66

gvegas66 Active Member

Jan 11, 2017
    I see there is an in app purchase to enable editing the databses i.e. Drivers names, ratings etc. That sounds amazing but time consuming. Is there a way to share these edits among those who buy editor?

4. Ch3st3r

Ch3st3r Active Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Germany
    Yes you can upload the savegame to the cloud.

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I bought this today and then checked my backlog and noticed that I own Motorsport Manager also, but never played it.

Is part One different enough to warrant me wanting to play it before I play this one?

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does the bonus money IAP ruin the game balance or is it actually required for the game to be fair?

(These sort of IAPs really deter me from purchasing what seems like a solid sequel - and I enjoyed the original)

7. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    The first one was one of my favorite games. With that said, once I got into the Mac version, the original lost some of my interest. Likewise, this one is so much more in depth that I just deleted the old game. I can't see going back.

8. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I have been wondering the same thing. It cannot be balanced for both the IAP and without the IAP. Obviously having more money will make the game easier as the purpose of the game is to win money. Thing is, do they make the game intentionally difficult without the IAP and hope people will buy it? I might sit back and wait for the verdict on this one. The gameplay of the game, otherwise, looks great. Watched some videos and they definitely have developed a nice product.

9. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Not to be super greedy here, but is there any chance of the DLC from the Mac/PC version like GT Cars coming? I'd pay for that now!

10. johnkittz

johnkittz Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Is this actually the squeal ? The developer account is different than the Dev account the first one was released on. Did the creator make a entirely new account for this game?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #51 Gwarmaxx, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017

i've asked almost the same thing some posts ago, but no one answered yet.

i would like to know if there's a chance to recreate the full F1 season (IAP notes says that seasons rules can be customized) and if original team/cars logos can be loaded into the game.

unfortunately the IAP si too expensive, imo 7 bucks si too much for a simple editor, i would have preferred to pay 6.99 for the full game (editor included).

12. pheriannath

pheriannath Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Just a few questions:
    - Does the amount of fuel affect car weight (and therefore lap time) in this version of MM?
    - Is track knowledge a factor? (i.e. If a driver runs qualifying for multiple laps under the same conditions, is he likely to get a better time?)
    - Can drivers get injured? (via crashes, dilemmas etc)

13. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    In addition to those questions..
    - Does tire performance decrease as it's durability decreases, like is a tire at 20% degrading car performance vs a 50% tire?

14. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Beware text to small on iphone7

15. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I noticed this too. Then I saw that the competition has their tactics at attack and overtake. So try to use attack and overtake as tactics on the first half of the first lap. Then switch them back (or continue pushing). I think this helps.

Yes, it's legit. The original game was released by Christian West. He now works with PlaySport.

- Not sure and I could be wrong, but I think so. I noticed drivers were more likely to get a fastest lap at the end of the race. I'm speculating though, on my own experience. So maby someone else could figure this out for sure.
    - Don't think so. But drivers could get a better lap time on their second run.
    - Didn't experience this in my first season, so probably not.

Yes worn tires at 20% are slower than 50% tires in my experience.

I'm playing on an iPhone 6s and I don't have trouble reading any text. But I can see some people having trouble with it?

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #56 Quoad, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Could this be your starting / pitting strategy? Ime, this is largely a mathematical game when it comes to the actual races. How many laps x type of wheel / how hard you can rag them. Add in calculations for proximity of rain (or sunshine) / mins per lap, and tailor your risk adversity to the benefits / risks of being in the leading group or attempting to rag it out front.

Qualification requires no maths (no pit stops, only one kind of tyre). Your data centre only includes data on position, number of pit stops and tyre choice for a reason. Thumbs.

Edit: fwiw, I'm up to race 10/10, first championship. One driver is leading the championship / 1st, the other one is shite (and about to be sacked) down in 10th. And overall, im third in manufacturer rankings. TBH, that's coming across as far easier than MM1 to me - but that might be partly bc I'm now aware of, and actually managing, the maths thing.

17. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Quoad, since you have a pretty good car in the first season. Did you spend most of your money on your current car?

In my first season I had an average car and spend most of my money on the next year car. That next year car is now a title contender since I spend loads of money on the next your car.

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Fair question! I've spent $4m on next season (optimistic challenger), $4m on HQ upgrades, and have spammed the rest on assorted fripperies. Have about $2m left in the bank atm, bc I'm not sure what'll happen at end of season. I recall getting quite a big cash injection last time, which would open up some possibilities. Definitely want to have enough to sack a driver tho, and I'm pretty sure the other is about to desert me.

Edit: based on MM1, my expectation was of slow progress / battling up from the lower orders. TBH, that might have been me misinterpreting my learning curve.

I'll also add that I grew up in Guildford. And have no fond memories of the place. So am tempted to spit and curse when the damnable Guildford GP comes round :D

19. johnkittz

johnkittz Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Does the "editor" allow you to "Cheat" ?

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes. Insofar as it allows you to alter the stats of any driver or mechanic.

It also allows you to bring in new rules (required / standardised parts across all cars) and tweak points per race / position.

Idk. The reach of the editing looks pretty limited to my eyes, and I'm not sure why I'd want it. Not unless the names of my engineers, or the capacity to spam overskilled people at my team, was particularly appealing.