Universal Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 (by Playsport Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Jul 13, 2017.

1. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    anyone purchased store's discount IAP?

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    PC version uses cars as default option. After launch they released an update which included a simplifield interface to run on older computers. Including dots.

3. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Is this still good for the casual player?

I liked the first one because the technical/automotive part of the game was accessible to me (I don't know a lot about cars or racing). Does the increased complexity make it harder for a casual player to enjoy the game?

4. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Iap?

What the iap for?

5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    You can buy a bonus that gives you money for every race. Kind of like a coin doubler. There is another one that allows you to change the names of everyone and edit the colors of the cars.

This game is great. If you're on the fence, buy it. It's a fun game and worth every penny.

6. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    I have the same question...(sorry for bad english):confused:

7. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks for information

8. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Hm. I don't think this game is more difficult to understand than the original. I would rather say it expands with more content. Maby it's a bit more complex but you don't actually have to know real world motorsport stuff or knowledge like that, so to say. It's still accessible to casual players. But you know, it's still a management game.

9. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I'm the same. I know nothing about racing (I'm a hockey/lacrosse guy), but I am able to figure this one out. I'm sure a racing guy will know stuff to do that I don't, but it doesn't take away from the gameplay. I've learned quite a bit about racing just from the original MM and then the Mac version, which I highly recommend. That one is even more complicated, but it also talks you through stuff more. In this game, you will have communications from the drivers that you'll need to act on, engine modes, more tires to choose from, etc. Still, be patient and willing to lose at first and you'll get it.

10. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Wouldn't the bonus money IAP ruin the balance of this game?

11. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #31 dukat111, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Wow, this looks amazing on the iPad and so detailed!
    I'm impressed... now to figure out what I'm doing.

I'm most confused about configuring all the settings just before getting on the track.. the tires make sense but the other stuff I'm not sure about. Also when would you 'send in' your car? Do you decide based on how much durability your tires have left? Haven't figured out how to see fuel remaining.

For example the first track has 13 corners. Seems like a lot to me so I'm tempted to set the gear ratio to acceleration to speed up quickly after each corner. Should Aerodynamics be set to cornering as well or should I focus on straights to make up for the lower top speed gear ratio?

Will having both of your racers in pit stop at the same time slow down the stop due to split crew?

12. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Awesome, thanks!

13. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    #33 Bunion, Jul 13, 2017
    Looking to pick this up, hopefully its not one of those iOS games that has an illusion of depth rather than actual depth and complexity? This is the only thing stopping me getting it so can someone give me some thoughts regarding this?

14. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #34 fabianb, Jul 13, 2017

The second car waits behind the first car when you sent them for a pitstop at the same time (driving behind each other). So try to do it a lap later for one of the two cars when they are driving closer than 5 seconds of each other.

For the setup of your car, when you choose your setup you can see the details of the track on the left. So for example you have a medium amount of corners and 80% full trottle.

Now, for a medium amount of corners usually setting the aerodynamics to neutral works most of the time.

80% trottle means lots of long high speed parts in the track. Then use top speed for the second setup option.

Note: this is an example and just a quick guideline. You should finetune your setup differently for each track. You have to figure out what setup works best by yourself.

About sending your cars in. Yes, that's about the tires being worn. Refueling is disabled in the first championship. I usually bring cars in when their tires are between 30 and 20%.

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #35 Bloodangel, Jul 13, 2017
    It's not highlights, overtakes and finishes... its full race you watch/control

16. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is there more in race events than the first MM?

17. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Also only looks like there's 3 championships in this one.
    In the first MM, you had more... and you could choose between the different ones when you got promoted or relegated.

18. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Don't think that matters content wise. It just has another championship name. If you see it that way. Tracks are reused here and in the original version. But if I'm right, tracks have multiple layouts in this version.

19. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    There is a huge amount of depth here! No illusion. You have to manage part development, purchasing, driver development, races and time trials, and much more. It is very in depth.

20. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Ok thanks for the reply :)