iPad MotoRacer Similar to Road Rash at all? (I know it's an old game now and .99)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CandyNJ66, Feb 27, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Hey guys and girls, I am newbie to my ipod touch 2 gen so I was wondering if Motochaser is similar to Road Rash at all? I know it's .99 and I like motorcycle racing games. I did read the threads with bad reviews and some good reviews but nothing I recall comparing it to Road Rash.

Thank you. :)

2. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    From what I remember Road Rash has some fighting involved against other bikers.
    You don't really control any fighting in Motoracer, except for maybe a brief nudge of a fist when you spewed past a bike.
    It was good as a first gen game but feels very dated now. The controls are tilt and accelerate button, no brake. You don't crash either, just slow down. Very basic gameplay.
    That's my two cents.

3. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Agree with the above. The bike felt like it floated just above the ground too.

I got it at .99, played the first 2 stages and the boredom kicked in. Hasn't been on the machine since then.

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This is nothing like Road Rash! Road Rash was a great game, Motochaser is a horrible excuse for a game.
    Avoid at all costs!

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It was one of the classic game, much like Super Monkey Ball – which some people hate, but remains a classic of iPhone gaming early days.

I enjoyed it a lot. Finished the game quickly, but it's nothing like Road Rash. Get it only if you want to collect classic items. Otherwise, get SnailMail. It's similar in terms of no opponents, but so much better on all departments.

6. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    hmm I think I will pass based on what i have read and seen so far.

Would anyone recommend any good quality racing games that do have motorcycles in them? Just cars would be fine too. I have noticed asphalt 4 and some others that I'm looking into that do have motorcycles in them. Price doesn't matter either.

In the meantime, I'm gonna do my own research. Thanks in advance!

7. gd3

gd3 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #7 gd3, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    For the time being I would stay away from any game made by Freeverse. I have Motochaser (got it free), SlotZ, and Days of Thunder. They are sitting on my iPhone unplayed. Actually I deleted Motochaser because it was just terrible.

Days of Thunder is pretty boring too. It starts out ok, but as you progress the enemy AI gets retarded and pretty much keeps crashing you. It also gets really repetitive.

SlotZ is the same as DoT. You race slot cars in different circuits and try to unlock new tracks and cars. At the later levels you get thrown into races with 50 laps... About the best thing going for that is the track editor and the fact that you can download new tracks that people made to try out.

EDIT - Good racing games would probably be Fastlane Street Racer and Snail Mail.

8. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    This

9. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Personally I hated Asphalt, and many posters have suggested that the tilt controls have been killed in the latest update.

I would recomend Fastlane, awesome game - check out the lite version: App Store Link

10. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    hmm, anyone play that ferrari game?

11. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I'm playing it, the controls in Ferrari GT are very good, but when you have finished the carreer mode you can't unlock more cars and tracks anymore. You can only do quick race's than. The multiplayer mode still doesn't work, while Gameloft promiced that they should add it in an update.

Not bad, but it isn't very good too.

12. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah its cool but it has no motorcycles, the only quality game I can think of that has motorcycles in it is Asphalt 4.