iPad Moto Chaser for $0.99!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vandy1997, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Yup, it's definitely a bargain, just not as good of a bargain as Space Monkey since it's now free!! LOL

2. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Thanks for that link. I'd been tempted to get it for awhile, and now, at just 59p, there's no excuse not to! :)

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I can't believe people would pay more than one dollar for this game. It looks terrible and there is no point to the game other than beating the clock. Good thing i got it for $.99 or i'd be pissed...

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    While I haven't purchased this game, that is my main reason, even at $.99, it still doesn't seem worth it.
    I'm starting to think that a huge majority of people are buying anything and everything at $.99 just because it's on sale. Personally, even Billy Frontier at $.99 still doesn't seem worth it, as it has no replayability feature. Once you're done, you're done.
    And some might say that's cheap, and it's only the price of a coffee. And yes, while it may ONLY be the price of a coffee, after one hundred $1 purchase, you've now spent $100.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm totally willing to spend money on quality games and have done so already, but there comes a point where you still have to be somewhat picky. That's just my 2 cents.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Had you spent that $100 on 100 cups of coffee, you'd be seriously jittery and unable to play any of your 99 cent games.

I bought Moto Chaser for 99 cents. I haven't played it yet, though, so I think I qualify as one of those people. :) Of course there are tons of 99 cent games I haven't and won't buy, so maybe not.

6. I agree I find this to be a waste of $1. Many of these curious george purchases we are making are for novelty games with hardly any lasting appeal. We just want to check out these games on this new platform. That's ok I'm getting burned on many of my purchases but that comes with the territory. Even so I'm mad at myself for falling for the "hype" machine a lot though.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i agree...the game...eh...not so good
    glad i spent only a buck on it and not 10

8. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't get all the hype surrounding the game... It's just ok. Like cro-mag

9. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Actually, CroMag is much more superior to MotoChaser in every way: graphics, sound, controls, "funness". The only reason people hate on this game is the lack of a story-mode. That would've made CroMag a perfect 10 game.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Well, I don't like Cro-Mag at all. The controls don't work very well for me and the game just isn't any fun to play. One of the reasons I bought this game was to see if it was any better. Well... I still haven't bothered to play it yet. I guess I don't have much hope for it. :)

11. redgaz26

redgaz26 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2008
    i think cromag is rubbish personally, crash kart is far better, stories cups new characters new tracks.

12. Everydaynormalguy

Oct 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Since when did this thread become about a CroMag vs Crash debate? I was simply pointing out that CroMag is better than MotoChaser and is definitely worth spending an extra buck to get it. I haven't played Crash so i have no opinion on said game...