iPad Motion-X Poker Vs Yahtzee?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stanny, Feb 4, 2009.

1. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    #1 stanny, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    Hi guys, I am thinking of getting either one of these games. Which is better? Which has more replay value? Oh yeah, if I go with Motion-X Poker, should I get the first one or Motion-X Poker Quest?

2. Lehman310

Lehman310 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Go with poker quest the temples add lot of replay value.

3. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yahtzee Adventures is much more deep and has several different game modes, not to mention you can play two players on the same device. I have both and Yahtzee Adventures has tons more replay value.

4. Alichan

Alichan Guest

#4 Alichan, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    Motion-X Poker was one of my first buys. I was totally blown away by the reality of the rolling dice. The graphics are fab, and there are loads of unlockable dice and boards. Once I had unlocked them though, the game faded for me. I just bought Yahtzee Adventures, to bring back some old memories, and I am equally blown away, but for different reasons. There is an Adventure mode, where you play against different characters from all over the world, as well single player against the AI, or your friends. Also, there are a bunch of different twists to the original Yahtzee rules which keep it from getting dull.

If I had to choose again, I would go with Yahtzee. Hope that helps:)

5. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    These are two of my most played apps over time.

Motion-X poker was one of the first games I bought. I have never bought the sequel to it though, so not sure if that is a lot better. I still play this game, if not every day, at least a few times a week and think it is the best game when you have like 4 minutes while waiting on someone, or standing in line, etc.

Yahtzee Adventures is also a favorite game of mine, and with the variety of different modes I tend to never get bored with it.

So that was no help at all :D

My answer is both? heh.

Actually I would say for long term value and for multiplayer ability, Yahtzee Adventures probably has the best value of the two.

6. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I want real dice in Yatzee Adventures. It is a dice game after all.

7. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Once you take the 15 mandatory minutes to beat Yahtzee's Adventure Mode, you'll probably never play the game again.

8. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Hrm Yahtzee seem to be the more popular choice. But man, it's EA and they never update their games and seem to have a don't care attitude. Still considering carefully. Would love to get both but really only have room for one.

9. Alichan

Alichan Guest

...yeah, but Yahtzee is in no need of any up-dates. It's complete already. SimCity.....now that's another kettle of fish;)

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yeah, it's fairly stable but I did experience the odd crash. I'd say once every 5 hours or so, and it could have easily been something else on my phone or low memory.

11. free games

free games Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I'd go with poker

12. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Is it true that once you finish the 15 minute adventure mode in Yahtzee, there isn't much to do anymore?

13. Hailey

Hailey Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chilly Minnesota
    I think there is a lot to do in Yahtzee. It is taking me longer than 15 minutes to go through the adventure. And I love the different types of Yahtzee you can play. There is regular, battle- where you start with 100 points and use strategy to try to make your opponents lose all their points. And there is a Rainbow game where the dice are colored and you can get additional scoring by color. I really like Yahtzee and find I go back to it alot.

I have Motion X poker too, and like that, but find I play Yahtzee more. If you can get both do that- I'd get the Motion X poker quest. Otherwise I guess I'd recommend Yahtzee. There is alot more to do with that.

14. Alichan

Alichan Guest

#14 Alichan, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    ...yeah, that earlier comment about 15 minutes worth of Adventure mode is misleading. Basically, if you like Yahtzee....get it! You won't be disappointed. The Adventure mode is only there to add another layer to the fun. Variety is the spice of life;) I can't think of how they could have made Yahtzee more varied than this to be honest....

15. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    It also took me way longer than 15 minutes to complete adventure mode. And afterwards you can do custom games against the PC and even play against another human on the same device. Me and my girlfriend will often start up a game and play at a coffee shop or waiting for food at a restaurant.

With all the different game types that Hailey listed above, it's much more evolved and deep than motion-x's roll 5 die and make some poker hands, then rinse and repeat. Note that I love Motion-X poker (and adventure) but Yahtzee Adventures kills it, except in the graphical die-rolling-in-all-their-physics-splendor department of course.

- Jorlen

16. photodart

photodart Active Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I own them both and played them both....

What I HATE about Yahtzee is there is no 'real' dice. They are not 3D. Very lame in my opinion. I also do not like the adventure mode and listening to cartoon characters comments.

But as far as Yahtzee goes, it is perfect. It is just what it says it is and a little more.

Motion X Poker has 3D dice. That are really good. the physics are dead on.
    I like the quest to collect jewels when certain aspects of the game are obtained.

To me, they are both good. But I will tell you I have played Motion X a TON and I rarely open Yahtzee.

Buy Motion X... and get them both... Motion X Poker and Poker Quest.. they are similar but different.

17. Both are great. If you don't own Motion X Poker probably skip that one and just get the newer Motion Quest Poker for $1 more. If you had to just get one though Yahtzee has more replay value. Although Motion Poker has tons of playtime don't get me right. Just buy one this year and then save up and next year you can get the other one.

18. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I can only speak for motionX Poker Quest (it's a sequel I think). It's awesome. Beautiful game, even down to the menus and popup messages. The dice look real, and their are loads of them that you can win.

The game has never crashed and it saves when you exit. Perfect game I'd say. Very well made.

19. Finchypoo

Finchypoo Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    you should totally get MotionX Poker.....cause it looks cool.

I'm totally impartial, I swear :-D

just don't read my sig...

20. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have both Motion-X Pokers, but have since removed the first one from my iPod to free up a spot. I prefer Poker Quest. Does the original Poker have a roll button yet? I don't think it had one at the time I deleted it, but there could have been a later update. Poker Quest definitely has the roll button. It's fun, and actually more useful, to use the physics to roll the dice, but sometimes you just need a break, so the roll button is nice to have. Although, it produces a very weak roll.

I don't have Yahtzee. I have Five Dice, which I think is a clone, but after reading through this thread, I might try Yahtzee. Anyone have any comparisons between Yahtzee and Five Dice?