Most satisfying moment on your iDevice

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Nov 10, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    • Realizing immersive games were in fact possible on a device as small as an iPod touch (ex. Grand Theft Auto, Galaxy on Fire 2, etc).

• Playing Epic Citadel and witnessing first-hand the graphical awesomeness of the Unreal Engine on a top of the line iOS device.

• Being able to use apps with voice and image recognition.

• iDOS :D

2. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Honestly, for the first three months after I had got the iPod I would be amazed with every game that I downloaded. All of them were so much fun! It started with all the free apps first like facebook and google and stanza, etc. Then came the games which starting with angry birds and I was floored. Repeat experience with Assassin's creed (these were days when I didn't know about TA). And absolutely astounded by the looks and gameplay of N.O.V.A, NFS Underground, NFS Shift, Real Racing, Bruce Lee. Then got totally enthralled by Tilt to Live.

Even now, for a lot of games, I have urge to squeal or go "Woooo". As a gaming platform, iOS has surpassed my expectations by miles. And even 9 months after owning an Ipod, I continue to be excited and am super possessive and protective about it.

3. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I agree with epic citadel, it was akin to seeing my own face for the first time. Took me ages to give Tilt to Live a proper go but it is brilliant once you get the hang of the controls. Seeing the pixels disappear with Retina was pretty cool and finding out I can use my iPod as a door stop was awesome too. Oh and before I forget, completing some of the levels on the Cut the Rope felt like I had just actually seen a real moon landing.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If you have a laptop, you can tether the wireless internet connection from your iphone to your laptop. And the 3g single strength produced by the iPhone is actually strong enough to play online, from your laptop.

You can play Call of Duty BlackOps, on your laptop, online, while tethered to your iPhone.

How's that for satisfaction?

5. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    Getting my iPod touch and starting up Chinatown Wars - that was the biggest wow moment for me. But there have been many others - iOS4 release, Epic Citadel, NOVA, The Quest, etc.

For me gaming on the touch has been like gaming on the PC circa 1995-2002, with a wide selection of excellent games that can be picked up on the cheap and offer a very wide diverse selection of genres.

The second biggest wow moment however was jailbreaking and finding out how much functionality Apple is keeping out of iOS. SBSettings, and Folder Enhancer just being two of the functions off the top of my head that seem like they should be included is standard iOS installs. Dospad and console emulation is also very unreal.

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Watching Call of Duty: Zombies running for the first time. Just seeing how much the App Store had progressed to that point, I didn't even think it possible for such a game to be ported. Even with just one map for $10, my jaw dropped when I first saw it running.

7. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    playing my first paid for app. magical.

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh yeah! Here's another:

My high scores in Tilt To Live

9. polarsolstice

polarsolstice Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2010
    getting 100 rogues and tony hawk on sale, actually did an upwards falcon punch

10. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    [​IMG]

...sorry, I was just looking for an excuse to post that.

11. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    Having M.U.L.E. (Nescaline) running in my hands
    tied with
    Master of Magic (iDOS), Sword of Aragon (iDOS).

Though, 50 Mission Crush and Roadwar 2000 in my hands is awesome too.

Rixx

12. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    facetime with my girlfriend

13. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

When I finally got all gold stars in defender chronicles. It took ages. Also beating various levels were really satisfying too when you spend ages and keep letting one guy in.

14. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Finally finishing creating all the freaking folders and organizing my apps, molding my background.

15. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    May be the recency effect, but obtaining the Khador Drive in GoF 2.

Also, getting 3 stars on a Cut the Rope puzzle after being stuck for a long time.

16. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Reaching the top 100 in minigore game centre leaderboard.

17. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Smashing my friends in Fruit Ninja Multiplayer :)

18. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    unboxing my iPhone 4 and playing my first retina game

19. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    which was?

20. br4nd0n

br4nd0n Active Member

Jul 25, 2009
    chillin'
    CA
    Playing my first paid app back in '08 (pocket guitar)
    The excitement of my first "big" app finishing (asphalt4)
    Being blown away by the first Brothers in Arms and its 'amazing' graphics
    Watching movies with the gf sharing the earphones since I blew out the speakers ;)
    Yeah, these are waaay back then :D