Most Game Genres Have Been Done To Death, What We Need Are More Strategy Games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jun 10, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'm really pumped to see some business sim games.

2. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I don't get it.

Why soooo many TD games, but not much else in terms of strategy games.

Clearly the TD games are selling, that should tell people there's an interest in strategy games.

But why jump into TD, a genre that is horribly overpopulated on the iPhone, make your TD game for the DS or something (there literally isn't a single TD game on the DS!!!)

Make some innovative games on the iPhone, something like Elite Beat Agents and such.

3. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Well I doubt if we can find out if a game is the greatest of all without even actually playing it? That's the same reason why most marriage fail in this country..

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

This post made me laugh.
    It's also the perfect post to show that this entire thread as well as the OP cannot be taken seriously.
    So if Scribblenauts is the best game made ever in history, how come a lot of people including me never heard of it? I'm sure it should have ads everywhere just like McDonald's? I should be seeing it posted on top of convenience stores, in between TV shows, and everywhere on the web? Sure if you think it's the greatest game you'll ever play in your life, guess what? Not everyone has the same preference in games, not everyone lives in the same area, not everyone has the same access to gaming information, and there is no "best" game ever as "best" is purely subjective.
    God that was like a common sense lesson.

5. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    WIkoogle, you seem to be simply repeating what you and others said in the whole thread. and well....as someone who has been following scribblenauts since its first revealed at IGN, I do agree that its a phenomenal game. Simply original. Winning so many e3 awards and 3 gots(game of the show) awards from gamespot, gamespy(i think) and IGN each. However, some games do fall flat. You ever heard of over-hyped flops?? Though i dont think 5th cell would flop with this wonderful game, in other people's opinion, if its not released, no one can be sure if its living up to its hype.

and....I seriously dont think its a strategy game. You must be under the illusion that you have to 'strategise' what to write, aren't it??? but no, its not under the genre of strategy, i fact, most game sites and people consider it a puzzle game(including me) with a tiny bit of platforming. Your judgement here is wrong.